The new models are powered by a larger displacement Kawasaki-built 999cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke parallel-twin engine designed to deliver significantly greater power and torque as well as increased top speed that makes it the fastest Mule ever, the company reports.
Complementing the engine is a sturdy chassis and long-travel suspension, increased ground clearance, updated front face styling and, on select models, Kawasaki’s first self-leveling suspension that adjusts to help keep the vehicle level when fully loaded.
Engine: The new Kawasaki-built 999cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke parallel-twin engine delivers both high power and high torque with engine tuning set for low-mid torque in order to achieve drivability and enhance low-speed control. Featuring a bore and stroke of 92.0 x 75.1mm, the fuel-injected engine produces significantly more power and torque than that previously found on the Mule Pro series.
Chassis: The chassis on the new models features rugged frame construction that benefits from durability as well as handling and ride comfort. The frame features a ladder-type construction and is built from high-quality steel square tubes. High load areas such as the suspension mounting plates utilize high-tensile steel for increased strength. Full rubber mounting of the engine helps keep engine vibration to a minimum. A wide-body chassis design and relatively short wheelbase contribute to a composed handling character and riding comfort while benefitting maneuverability. The Mule Pro-FX 1000 and Pro-FXT 1000 models feature a wheelbase of 92.3-inches, while the Pro-FXR 1000 has a wheelbase of 79.7-inches. Ground clearance ranges from 11.6 inches to 12.5-inches.
Suspension: Long-travel double-wishbone suspension is used for both front and rear; twin-tube shock absorbers provide excellent bump absorption. The Mule Pro-FX 1000 HD, Pro-FXT 1000 LE Ranch Edition, and Pro-FXT 1000 Platinum Ranch Edition models feature Kawasaki’s first self-levelling suspension that helps keep the vehicle level when carrying a heavy load.
Brakes, wheels: Front and rear disc brakes ensure strong stopping power and a hydraulic disc system offers predictable performance, delivering brake power that matches input at the brake pedal. The Pro-FX 1000 and Pro-FXT 1000 models come equipped with 26-inch tires that are mounted to 12-inch rims; the Pro-FXR 1000 is equipped with 27-inch bias-ply tires.
Interior: The wide-body chassis offers shoulder and legroom for three adults to comfortably sit side-by-side; the six-passenger Pro-FXT 1000 can accommodate three more passengers in the rear. Doors and a plastic roof are a standard feature on all Mule Pro 1000 models.
Steering: Kawasaki’s high-grade electronic power steering (EPS) system enhances ride comfort and control by acting as a damping system; the inertia of the electric motor significantly reduces kickback to the steering wheel caused by shocks to the wheels. The steering wheel has a stepless range of approximately 40º, allowing drivers to set its position to suit their preference.
Specifics on each model, include:
- Mule Pro-FX 1000 HD Edition – The Mule ProFX 1000 HD Edition is a powerful, high-capacity, three-passenger vehicle with a long cargo bed. For 2024, it comes equipped with a rear bumper for extra protection, Kawasaki’s first self-leveling suspension system, and a tilting cargo bed that uses a switch-operated hydraulic lift for added convenience. The cargo bed measures 54.1 x 53.3 x 11-inches and has a load capacity of 1,000 lbs. Available in Firecracker Red colorway.
- Mule Pro-FXR 1000 – The Mule Pro-FXR 1000 features a high-capacity 999cc engine and three-passenger seating. The cargo bed measures 37.5 x 53.3 x 11.0-inches and has a load capacity of 1,000 lbs. Available in a Metallic Sierra Blue colorway.
- Mule Pro-FXR 1000 LE – In addition to all of the Mule Pro-FXR 1000 features, the Pro-FXR 1000 LE comes with a painted grille cover that matches the bodywork and black cast aluminum wheels. Available in an Ice Gray colorway.
- Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE – The Mule Pro-FXT 1000 is a full-sized, high-capacity side x side that features Kawasaki’s 3-to 6-passenger Trans Cab system. In three-passenger configuration, the cargo bed measures 42.7 x 53.6 x 10.9-inches with a load capacity of 1,000 lbs.; when the cargo bed is in six-passenger configuration, it measures 22.0 x 53.6 x 10.9-inches with a load capacity of 350 lbs. Black cast aluminum wheels. Available in both a Metallic Onyx Black and Metallic Sierra Blue colorway.
- Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE Camo – The Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE Camo comes equipped with most of the great features found on the Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE side x side as well as a special Camouflage TrueTimber Strata colorway.
- Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE Ranch Edition – The Pro-FXT 1000 LE Ranch Edition features a high-end Metallic Titanium paint scheme, and the grille cover has been painted to match the bodywork. The sides of the front fenders feature Mule Pro-FXT 1000 LE Ranch Edition emblems. Cast aluminum wheels with machined finishing. It’s equipped with Kawasaki’s self-leveling suspension system and a WARN VRX 45 winch that offers 50 ft. of durable, aircraft-grade ¼-inch steel rope with a 4,500 lb. capacity.
- Mule Pro-FXT 1000 Platinum Ranch Edition – The Pro-FXT 1000 Platinum Ranch Edition features a special high-end Metallic Stardust White paint and LED outer headlights that come as standard equipment. Features also include: brush and headlight guards; interior upgrades (including special soft seat leatherette); premium rearview mirror; cast aluminum wheels with machined finishing; Kawasaki’s self-levelling rear suspension; a rear bumper; WARN VRX 45 winch (offers 50 ft. of aircraft-grade ¼-inch steel rope with a 4,500 lb. capacity); and easy Trans Cab system.