The beautiful new 1,200cc Triumph Bonneville Speed Twin recently re-introduced a legendary British moniker to the world in a machine worthy of the iconic ‘Speed Twin’ name. The Speed Twin offers class-leading handling, advanced rider tech and impeccable style.
- Class-leading handling
- Confidence inspiring, precise, agile and dynamic ride
- Dedicated new chassis and suspension set-up
- More than 22 lbs lighter than the Thruxton and nearly 60 lbs lighter than the T120
- High specification Brembo brakes and twin discs
- ABS and switchable traction control
- Comfortable, engaged riding position with accessible
low seat height and pillion capability
- Thrilling performance
- Updated 1,200cc high-power Bonneville twin engine with ‘Thruxton’ tune
- High power across the entire rev range, with peak output of 96 HP @ 6,750 rpm
- Exhilarating torque delivery, with peak torque of 83 Ft-lb @ 4,950 rpm
- Distinctive British twin sound from dual black upswept sports silencers
- Advanced rider technology
- Sport, Road and Rain riding modes
- LED Headlight
- Torque-assist clutch
- Feature-packed twin clocks
- USB charging socket
- Accessory TPMS capability
- Beautiful modern custom style
- Triumph’s timeless DNA married to a new standard in contemporary Bonneville style
- Muscular and imposing roadster poise
- 90+ custom Speed Twin accessories
- Category-leading finish and detailing
- A host of beautifully designed premium features, finishes and details
- Brushed aluminum mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers, heel guards and headers
- Seven-spoke aluminum wheels
- Monza-style fuel cap
- Minimal rear end
- Bar-end mirrors
A legend reborn
Changing the face of motorcycling, the original 1938 Triumph Speed Twin was a revelation to ride, featuring the most successful parallel twin engine of its day packaged into a game-changing chassis. Its smooth, dynamic handling and superb, responsive feel established Triumph’s reputation for producing the world’s best performing, sweetest handling motorcycles, setting the template for all that followed.
For 2019, the all-new 1,200cc Speed Twin re-introduces this illustrious Triumph name to our Modern Classics line-up, once again setting the new standard in its class for handling and performance prowess, establishing the benchmark for how a modern custom roadster should look, ride and feel.
The brand new Speed Twin carries all of the contemporary custom style of the Street Twin, but adds even more beautiful premium details. It delivers the power, torque and technological advancement of the thrilling Thruxton R, with the confidence-inspiring ride and all-day comfort of its renowned Bonneville T120 sibling.
The result, just like its iconic 20thcentury namesake, the new Speed Twin is a new performance icon that again looks to raise the bar in its category, with the chassis set-up, riding position, braking ability, suspension and thrilling power delivery of a truly modern roadster.
The all-new Speed Twin boasts class-leading handling characteristics, for a precise, agile and dynamic modern roadster ride with Triumph’s trademark intuitive feel.
The dedicated new frame developed from the Thruxton R delivers comfortable and engaged ergonomics which, combined with the high specification cartridge front forks and twin rear suspension units with adjustable spring pre-load, make for a truly confidence-inspiring performance machine.
High specification twin Brembo 4-piston axial calipers on the front and a 2-piston single floating caliper on the rear provide excellent stopping power, complementing the motorcycle’s modern roadster character.
Adding to the confidence-inspiring ride, the new Speed Twin also benefits from:
- Lightweight, 17-inch cast aluminum wheels
- High specification Pirelli Rosso Corsa 3 tires
- ABS and switchable traction control as standard
- Comfortable, upright, engaged riding position
- Tapered handlebars and new upper yoke and risers
- A comfortable new bench seat at a low height of 31.8 inches,
making the bike accessible for all riders
- A significant 22 lbs weight savings compared to the Thruxton, and incredible 60 lbs weight savings compared to the T120, contributing to its class-leading handling
The modern roadster character comes to life through its 1,200cc High Power 8-valve, parallel twin Bonneville engine, specifically updated for the new Speed Twin.
This revised high performance engine features a low inertia crank and high compression head developed from the Thruxton R’s renowned powerplant.
Engine updates include:
- New magnesium cam cover
- Revised clutch assembly
- New mass optimized engine covers
Together these deliver a unique 5.5 lbs weight savings versus the Thruxton engine. With 96 peak horsepower @ 6,750rpm, the new Speed Twin achieves an impressive 76% increase over the 2018 Street Twin, and 49% more than the new 2019 Street Twin.
Additionally the new Speed Twin engine also delivers a strong peak torque figure of 83 Ft-lb @ 4,950rpm - an amazing 40% more than the 2019 Street Twin.
The Speed Twin’s all-new distinctive twin upswept silencers, with satin black painted wrap
and stainless steel end caps deliver the unmistakable sound of a British Twin, a unique exhaust note that matches its powerful and legendary character – rich, deep and full.
Behind the classically stylish exterior sits a modern liquid cooling system, carefully integrated to minimize its visual impact while achieving clean emissions and enhancing fuel efficiency. Combined with an extended first major service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km), this contributes to a reduced overall cost of ownership.
Advanced rider technology
The new Speed Twin features a full suite of rider-focused technology to deliver advanced rider control and safety, plus enhanced rider confidence – sensitively integrated to maintain its iconic Bonneville style and character.
The Speed Twin’s technology features include:
- Three riding modes: Linked to the ride-by-wire system, the three selectable riding modes – Sport, Road, or Rain – each with dedicated throttle maps and traction control settings, providing enhanced rider control and safety, and in ‘Sport’ mode, a more immediate throttle response.
- ABS: The contemporary safety standard, with minimal visual impact, the ABS is responsive yet unobtrusive.
- Switchable traction control: Managing the Speed Twin’s high torque delivery when traction is compromised, the switchable system offers increased rider control.
- LED headlight: Incorporated into the headlight, the LED headlight brings excellent visibility and a distinctive light profile.
- LED rear light & indicators: Built into the classically inspired minimal tail set-up, the LED rear light and indicators bring a distinctive rear light pattern and excellent power efficiency.
- Ride-by-wire: Enhancing throttle responsiveness, safety and feel.
- Torque-assist clutch: Optimized for a lighter touch and feel to the clutch to make it easier to ride, and ride longer.
- Switchgear: Elegant switchgear presents simple fingertip controls for easy access to the key features on the new twin clocks.
- USB charging socket: For maximum rider convenience, the USB charging socket charges riders’ essential devices.
- Engine immobilizer: Transponder integrated into the key adds greater security.
- Stylish twin clocks: New twin clocks, beautifully detailed and premium, incorporate a digital menu system accessed by the handlebar mounted scroll button.
- Key features include:
- Riding mode setting
- Gear position indicator
- Trip settings
- Service indicator
- Range to empty
- Fuel level
- Average and current fuel consumption
- Access to turn off traction control features
- TPMS indicator (when accessory fitted)
- Heated grips indicator (when accessory fitted)
- Key features include:
Beautifully modern custom style
With all of Triumph’s timeless DNA, married to a modern stripped-back custom look, muscular poise and a host of beautifully designed premium features, the Speed Twin is the most contemporary styled Bonneville ever.
Key features include:
- Signature sculpted 3.8 gallon fuel tank
- Custom style bench seat
- Minimal front and rear mudguard set-up with small rear light
(and integrated brake and turn signals in the US and Canada)
- Sculpted side panels with aluminum badge detailing
- Twin upswept sports silencers
- Contemporary bar-end mirrors
Category leading finish and detailing
The new Speed Twin continues the class-leading theme of the whole Bonneville family
when it comes to its premium level of finish and detailing, including:
- Brushed aluminum mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers and heel guards
- Bright anodized forged aluminum headlight brackets
- Distinctive Monza-style locking fuel cap
- New 7-spoke aluminum wheels
- Clear anodized aluminum swingarm
- Painted headlamp bowl and bezel
- Handlebar clamp with Speed Twin branding
The new Speed Twin comes in three color choices:
- Silver Ice and Storm Grey, with hand-painted Graphite coach line and white stripe
- Korosi Red and Storm Grey, with hand-painted Graphite coach line and white stripe
- Jet Black
Building your own Speed Twin custom
Designed with personalization in mind, the Speed Twin comes with over 90 accessories
to help you add even more style, practicality and security.
It’s never been easier to create your own special with a host of custom-inspired parts to choose from, including: brushed Vance & Hines silencers, blacked out detailing, quilted seat and Triumph-engineered security additions such as disc locks, ground anchor and locking chain. In addition to these we also have a range of stylish and durable luggage available for commuting and long-distance travel.
**Availability of accessories is governed by local market legislation – please check with a Triumph market representative for availability.
|NEW 2019 SPEED TWIN|
|Engine Type||Liquid cooled, 8-valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel twin|
|Bore/Stroke||97.6 x 80 mm|
|Maximum Power||96 HP @ 6,750 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||83 Ft-lb @ 4,950 rpm|
|Fuel system||Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection|
|Exhaust||Brushed 2-into-2 exhaust system with twin silencers|
|Clutch||Wet, multi-plate assist clutch|
|Frame||Tubular steel with aluminum cradle|
|Front Wheel||Cast aluminum alloy 7-spoke 17 x 3.5 in|
|Rear Wheel||Cast aluminum alloy 7-spoke 17 x 5 in|
|Front Tire||120/70 ZR17|
|Rear Tire||160/60 ZR17|
|Front Suspension||41mm cartridge forks, 4.7 in (120mm) travel|
|Rear Suspension||Twin shocks with adjustable preload, 4.7 in (120mm) rear wheel travel|
|Front Brake||Twin 305mm discs, Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS|
|Rear Brake||Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS|
|Width (Handlebars)||29.9 in (760 mm)|
|Height Without Mirrors||43.7 in (1110 mm)|
|Seat Height||31.8 in (807 mm)|
|Wheelbase||56.3 in (1430 mm)|
|Trail||3.68 in (93.5 mm)|
|Dry Weight||432 lbs (196 Kg)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.8 US gal (14.5 L)|
|Fuel Consumption||59 mpg|
|CO2 Emissions||109.0 g/km|