Husqvarna Motorcycles North America has introduced the 2022 off-road and dual-sport range, featuring seven two- and four-stroke machines that offer a host of innovations in conquering all types of terrain.
According to the announcement, the new TE, FE and FEs models further the reputation of Husqvarna Motorcycles for its winning combination of dynamic performance and advanced ergonomics, designed for riders of every level.
Revisions to the damping and action of the WP XPLOR forks and XACT rear shock featured across the models let riders make the most of the torque and power of their choice of TE, FE or FEs machine. The reworked suspension works with the chromium-molybdenum steel frame – designed to deliver precise flex and progressive bodywork – as well as the two-piece carbon composite subframe to provide consistent damping, exact handling and unmatched rider comfort.
All models come with a new BRAKTEC hydraulic clutch system – ensuring light action with perfect progression and reliable performance in all conditions, the hydraulic system is also self-adjusting and almost maintenance-free. Furthermore, new BRAKTEC brake systems front and rear offer superior stopping power with outstanding sensitivity and modulation in conjunction with high-performance GSK wave discs.
All models in the off-road and dual-sport range come with an electric starter standard and feature the latest electronic fuel injection technology for efficiency and economy. The off-road FE 350 and FE 501 models continue to feature two switchable engine maps plus traction control, while the two-strokes have two switchable ignition curves for rider-selectable control in all conditions. Additionally, the TE 250i has revised final drive gearing for improved low-end response.
For those looking to begin their ride directly from home with no trailering required, the advanced FE 350s and FE 501s dual-sport models take the best from the off-road FE platforms to deliver exhilarating performance in the dirt, while still being legal on the street. The Continental TKC 80 tires keep everything rolling with confidence by providing the ideal mix of off-road and street traction.
In addition to technical innovation for 2022, Husqvarna Motorcycles has also paid attention to aesthetics with new colors, trims and graphics, bringing additional style to the Swedish-inspired design. A new seat cover blends in with the updated design without compromising on rider comfort or control.
New features for 2022 include:
- New colors, trims and graphics with rugged grey and electric yellow accents are a distinctive and stylish adornment for the Swedish-inspired design
- New BRAKTEC hydraulic clutch system – perfect modulation and reliable performance in all conditions
- New BRAKTEC brake system and high-performance GSK discs – superior stopping power with outstanding sensitivity and modulation
- Revised suspension settings for improved performance and rider feedback
- Oil bypass in the outer fork tubes reduces friction for smooth, consistent travel through the stroke and a revised cartridge joint offers added damping performance
- Revised shock valve seals with reduced hardness (Model Year 21 = 90 Shore / Model Year 22 = 70 Shore) offer improved feedback and consistent damping performance
- New 13:52 gearing on TE 250i for improved low-end response
Ensuring all off-road and dual-sport riders can fully enjoy their next ride, Husqvarna Motorcycles offers the Functional Off-road Apparel Collection 2021 – a range of high-performance gear and protective equipment that considers the unique challenges of off-road riding. Furthermore, the Husqvarna Motorcycles Technical Accessories catalog features a host of performance and suspension parts, machine protectors and workshop equipment to customize and maintain your TE, FE or FEs models.
The 2022 off-road and dual-sport range will be available at all authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers from May 2021 onward.