Triumph’s new Tiger 900 has been completely transformed with an all-new, more responsive 900cc triple engine, an incredible standard of specification, new state-of-the-art ride-enhancing technology, and an aggressive new Tiger style and attitude. The new Tiger 900 range now makes more torque, more power and is lighter than previous Tiger models, making these the most capable, agile and dynamic middleweight Adventure bikes available.
A new name for a whole new generation
- Tiger 900 – The new road-focused Tiger, with a major step forward in capability and style
- Tiger 900 GT and GT Pro – Tuned for even more urban adventure, genuine long distance travel and everything in between
- Tiger 900 Rally and Rally Pro – Transformed for maximum off-road adventure and road-focused capability and comfort
All-new more responsive 900cc triple engine with innovative new configuration
- New higher-capacity 900cc triple engine
- 10% more torque than the Tiger 800 model, peaking at 64 LB-FT at 7,250rpm
- More power across the entire rev range, with 9% more in the mid-range
- New unique 1, 3, 2 firing order for greater character and feel o Category-leading acceleration
- More characterful and distinctive soundtrack
All-new benchmark-setting ride from a lighter Adventure bike
- New tailored high-specification suspension set-up tuned for maximum road and off-road capability, with best-in-class electronic RSU (GT Pro only)
- New lightweight modular frame with bolt-on rear subframe and pillion hangers
- New category-leading top-specification Brembo Stylema monobloc brakes o Large 5.3-gallon fuel tank for advanced touring capability
All-new state-of-the-art ride-enhancing technology
- Up to six riding modes: Rain, Road, Sport, Rider, Off-Road and Off-Road Pro
- New class-leading 7-inch TFT instruments (GT & GT Pro, Rally & Rally Pro only)
- New integrated My Triumph connectivity system (GT Pro & Rally Pro only)
- New optimized cornering ABS and optimized cornering traction control, controlled by an Inertial Measurement Unit (GT & GT Pro, Rally & Rally Pro only)
- New Triumph Shift Assist, Triumph’s proprietary up and down quickshifter (GT Pro & Rally Pro only)
- New all-LED lighting with distinctive light pattern
- New secure mobile phone storage with USB charging
All-new aggressive Tiger style with a dominant adventure-focused stance
- The new benchmark for finish and detailing
- New premium bodywork with new colors and graphics
Accessible and adaptable
- Available Tiger 900 GT Low Ride Height version with unique suspension and lower seat
- Adjustable seat height (0.78 in) on all Tiger 900 models
65+ dedicated Tiger 900 accessories to complement your adventure
- Accessories for added comfort, protection and capability, plus all-new luggage
- Two new inspiration kits:
- Trekker kit showcases the accessory options that add even greater touring capability
- Expedition kit showcases the extensive off-road focused accessories available, including new rugged pannier
The world’s longest-running adventure bike story
The Triumph Tiger has rich history with a bloodline of dedicated off-road models spanning the past 80+ years. Starting in 1936 with the first Tiger competition models, the Tiger name has played a significant role in establishing the Adventure category – from racing, to rallies, to the birth and boom in adventure travel.
Launched in 2010, the Tiger 800 established a leading position in the middleweight Adventure segment with its neutral and precise handling, torque-rich triple engine, and accessibility to all riders. In January 2018, during the development program for the new model, the ‘Tiger Tramontana’ gave viewers of the gruelling Panafrica Rally an early hint of the aggressive styling and poise of the new Tiger 900.
All-new more powerful and responsive 900cc triple engine with innovative firing configuration
The all-new higher performance 900cc engine has a unique 1, 3, 2 firing order for greater character and feel. The result is more feedback from the engine to the rider, an incredibly distinctive engine sound, and improved tractability and throttle feel, pulling harder, lower down. The result is a much closer association to the throttle character, sound and feel of a twin lower in the rev range, all the while maintaining the distinctive mid-range and top-end of a triple.
The new engine delivers a significant 10% more peak torque than the previous Tiger 800 models, now 64 LB-FT at 7,250 rpm, with improved torque low down and across the rev range. Power is also up across the entire rev range, with 9% more in the mid-range, and 94 peak horsepower at 8,750rpm.
Combined, this delivers more responsive acceleration, with 0-60 mph, 0-110 mph and 6th gear roll-on times all significantly quicker than both the previous generation Tiger and the closest competition. Additionally, it gives the new Tiger 900 a much more aggressive, raspy and engaging triple soundtrack.
An all-new twin radiator set up is mass optimized with a reduced coolant volume. This improves cooling performance and reduces the ambient heat felt by the rider. The new radiator style enhances the new models’ more striking Adventure bike stance and poise. Its shape and position enable a further forward engine position resulting in a more optimized center of gravity (1.6 in forward and 0.80 in lower). This improves weight distribution for better handling and low speed balance, while other improvements to the sump and cooling system ensure it has no impact on ground clearance.
There’s also an all-new air box with a more easily accessible new air filter, plus a slip and assist clutch for added rider comfort.
Significantly lighter, all-new benchmark-setting chassis
Now up to 11 pounds lighter than the previous generation model, the new Tiger 900 delivers a commanding and agile ride. The new steel trellis frame is not only lighter, but now has a modular construction with bolt-on aluminum rear subframe and bolt-on pillion hangers to help deliver an adventure-centric set-up for off-road focused riding.
There is high specification suspension across the new 900 range with premium Marzocchi or Showa components tailored to deliver the ultimate capability, setting the benchmark in the middleweight Adventure class.
For maximum rider convenience and comfort, the GT Pro model features segment-leading electronically adjustable rear suspension allowing the rider to adjust the rear preload and damping settings via a dedicated menu in the TFT instruments. Riders can select from nine levels of damping control, ranging from Comfort (softest) to Sport (firmest), and four preload set-ups.
All of the new Tiger 900 models now feature category-leading Brembo Stylema brakes for superior stopping power. These are lightweight, compact, carefully sculpted and high performing calipers, with reduced volume around the pistons and brake pads, creating less internal space occupied by brake fluid for more immediate braking response. Increased airflow around the brake pads also helps the calipers to cool quicker.
This combination of the new lightweight modular frame, lighter engine, high specification suspension and premium Brembo brakes delivers a notable improvement in agility and capability, ensuring exceptional handling in all riding scenarios.
Long-distance travel has been improved on the new Tiger 900 range, with a new larger 5.3- gallon fuel tank and new adjustable screen, delivering superior wind protection with a simple single-handed adjustment.
Ergonomics are also improved for the new models, optimized for rider comfort when touring, off-roading and anything in between. The seat width is narrower, and the handlebars are 0.39 in closer, giving a more comfortable, upright riding position and a greater level of rider control. Additionally, each model has a dedicated and unique footrest position to suit the expected style of riding as well as a built-in, easily adjustable two-position seat height mechanism. This enables the rider to adjust the seat height by 0.79 in to their preferred set-up.