Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, introduced the new 2019 Hyper Naked motorcycle lineup on Friday, showcasing the popular MT-series models inspired by the Dark Side of Japan. Featuring a new Ice Fluo color scheme for 2019, the Hyper Naked lineup is ready to continue exciting riders of all experience levels.
The Dark Side of Japan
It was just five years ago when Yamaha unveiled the original ground-breaking MT-09 to the motorcycling world. With its high torque crossplane engine, naked body and agile handling, this bike introduced the American market to the Dark Side of Japan – a bold new design philosophy that drew its inspiration from the underground custom scene in Japan.
This innovative new Hyper Naked segment proved to be an instant success with riders who were looking to discover the essential spirit and fundamental enjoyment associated with two wheels. With their clear focus on linear torque, natural agility and high power to weight, Yamaha's Hyper Naked motorcycles have introduced a whole new look, energy, and attitude to the streets of America.
New Ice Fluo color option for 2019
Yamaha Hyper Naked motorcycles are designed to be bold and original. The featured color schemes reinforce the dynamic character of the MT range, which perfectly complements the daring and outgoing personalities of many Hyper Naked riders.
For 2019, Yamaha takes the MT’s aggressive and streetwise image to the next level. The forceful and uncompromising new Ice Fluo color not only underlines the assertive character of Yamaha’s Hyper Naked bikes, it also creates an instantly recognizable look that strengthens the strong family feeling amongst MT owners. Consisting of a super cool new ice-grey body color contrasted by fluorescent red wheels and a black engine, frame, forks, and headlamp – with tuning fork logos on the tank or air ducts – the new Ice Fluo color option is exclusive to the Yamaha MT range.
2019 MT-10 Model Highlights
- Powerful 998cc inline four-cylinder crossplane engine derived from YZF-R1
- Lightweight chassis based on YZF-R1
- Linear torque with outstanding agility
- Sophisticated electronic control technology
- Available in Ice Fluo and Matte Raven Black
- MSRP $12,999.00
- Arrives at dealerships beginning in October 2018
2019 MT-09 Model Highlights
- Exciting 847cc inline triple-cylinder engine and sporty, agile chassis
- Radical naked style with thrilling performance
- Comfortable, upright ergonomics
- Available in Ice Fluo, Matte Raven Black, Team Yamaha Blue
- MSRP $8,999.00
- Arrives at dealerships beginning in November 2018
2019 MT-07 Model Highlights
- Compact 689cc twin-cylinder engine with plenty of torque
- Thrilling performance with outstanding value
- Sporty and light with neutral handling character
- Available in Ice Fluo, Matte Raven Black, and Breaker Cyan
- MSRP $7,599.00
- Arrives at dealerships beginning in December 2018
Going deeper into the Dark Side of Japan
While some may see Japan as a traditional and respectful society where conformity is the norm, behind this stereotypical image lies a vibrant sub-culture where new fashions and ideas are continually emerging. From the spectacle of drift racing to the insanity of Japanese speedway, the other side of Japanese society has been responsible for some wild and wonderful trends. The same creative forces that drive the darker and unconventional side of Japan have inspired and shaped the unique and original MT motorcycles that provide outstanding all-around agility and provocative new-wave design on the street, giving every rider the chance to experience the thrilling riding emotion of mastering torque.