MAVTV has announced that decorated media executive CJ Olivares will lead the company with a new strategy focused on diversifying programming, launching new platforms and dramatically expanding distribution.
“I’m honored to lead and steward MAVTV’s rich legacy into the future – and do so with immense optimism and a new direction that further fuels the passion of enthusiasts in subcultures across two-wheel, four-wheel, dirt, pavement and water,” says Olivares, president of MAVTV. “Exciting new platforms will soon be launched in lockstep with a diversified content offering that will elevate viewers’ investment in racing on the weekends – anchored by premium, compelling and narratively-driven programming that takes fans behind the scenes with athletes and teams like never before. All while we continue to expand distribution with new and existing partnerships that will add tens of millions of devices and viewers to the MAVTV family. The whole organization looks forward to the thrilling journey ahead.”
The revamped network will expand with diversified content across multiple platforms, including more exclusive live racing from across the globe (such as Formula Drift, Trans Am, Endurocross and Arenacross), more fan-favorite build/automotive enthusiast shows and documentary programs. The new range of shows includes MAVTV original productions such as:
- “On the Rise”: The original episodic docu-series introduces fans to the rising young stars of the motorsports world, whether it’s Karting, Midgets, Drag Racing or Late model. Featuring names like Jaxon Bell, Julien Beaumer, Gavan Boschele, Hannah Greenmeier, Dane Idelson, Ben Maier and William Sawalich, each episode follows a young driver chasing the dream of competing at the highest levels of racing.
- “THE LIFE”: Another new addition to the lineup, this docu-series features a different top driver or rider from across the spectrum of global motorsports, following them through a window of time in THE LIFE. Fans get an insider’s perspective and insights into what it is really like to live life in the fast lane. The series kicked off last month with an episode featuring Sprint Car champion, Kody Swanson, and continues on February 1, with NHRA champ Antron Brown.
- “In the Machine”: The three-part mini-docuseries, launching in January 2024, is MAVTV’s first effort in shining a light on the groundswell of women in motorsports, and follows Ashley Freiberg’s challenging journey as a racer, factory driving instructor, part-time real estate agent and newlywed chasing her championship dream with the MDK team.
MAVTV will build and expand upon its proven strategy focusing on three key time periods:
- Strengthening weekday primetime theme blocks.
- Weekend day lineups with exclusive, more diverse live racing.
- Weekday lunch block featuring a sampling of MAVTV’s best content, from build/enthusiast, documentary to news/information and of course, a taste of racing.
The network has expanded greatly across both pay and free TV offerings – highlighted by recent partnerships.
- Pay TV: From DirecTV and Spectrum to the organic growth of streamers like YouTube TV, Hulu+ Live, FuboTV and more, MAVTV is at the center of the dynamic television landscape.
- Free TV/FAST Channel: New deals with Xumo Play and LG Channels will add tens of millions of new devices to the network’s footprint, while it increases support for the growth of current partners such as Samsung TV Plus, Roku, Pluto TV, VIZIO and more.
In 2023, MAVTV’s new programming and scheduling strategy kick off unprecedented audience evolution.
- Primetime was up 65% year-over-year.
- The largest viewer demographic is now males aged 18-24.
- Women’s audience grew by 46%.
New Digital Platforms
The new MAVTV will feature new digital products, including a revamped website and an all-new free mobile app, giving fans more choice and control over where and when they engage and watch exclusive content.
- More Diverse Range of Advertising Opportunities: New digital platforms bring new ways for brand partners to engage with the most passionate, loyal and invested automotive, motorsports and powersports enthusiasts.
- Multiplatform Integration, Deeper Metrics: MAVTV is committed to providing comprehensive performance metrics to its partners through tools like iSpot, and will leverage AI-driven solutions like Mensio (by Hive) for more insightful analysis of cross-platform advertising, branded content and sponsorship value.
New sales and marketing strategies will also shift with the leadership of Mark Carter, vice president of sales, and Marc Mazarin, director of marketing. For more information or to schedule an interview with MAVTV executives, contact MAVTV@GoDRIVEN360.com.