Suzuki has introduced the 2024 V-STROM 800 and V-STROM 800 Touring models. The models leverage the DE’s stellar engine and chassis platform while focusing on the needs of more street-oriented riders.
The two models extend the Suzuki V-STROM line and host street and long-distance touring-focused features. The V-STROM models are designed for riders looking for a performance-minded yet versatile middleweight motorcycle with adventure in mind. These new V-STROM 800 models, along with the 800DE and 800DE Adventure, offer four distinct options targeting the entire middleweight adventure target audience.
Highly capable at highway speeds or when exploring less-traveled routes, these new models are equally entertaining and practical for daily riding around town, laying down miles across the continent, spirited canyon rides, or for commuting to work.
Each is powered by the new-generation 776cc DOHC parallel-twin engine used in the V-STROM 800DE and the Suzuki GSX-8S. These new V-STROM model engines deliver a precise balance of smooth, controllable power at low engine speeds as well as a free-revving rush of performance when needed.
The engine’s 270-degree crankshaft configuration provides the power characteristics and an exciting exhaust note. The patented Suzuki Cross Balancer system contributes to smooth operation and a compact, lightweight engine design.
The V-STROM 800s’ rugged steel backbone frame takes advantage of the engine’s compact size, resulting in a chassis both nimble and steady. The V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring’s new SHOWA SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) inverted front fork smoothly controls front wheel movement, while the SHOWA rear shock absorber employs a remote, hand-operated hydraulic spring preload adjuster so suspension tuning for a passenger or cargo takes just seconds.
The suspension is tuned to maximize straight-line and cornering performance for street riding as well as light-duty off-road use. The front fork supports radially mounted NISSIN four-piston brake calipers that grasp a pair of 310mm stainless steel brake rotors. The front calipers and the rear caliper -with a 260mm rotor, are monitored by a compact ABS** system. This ABS system offers a choice of two different mode settings the rider may choose for differing road conditions. The ABS system’s mode 1 provides minimal anti-lock brake intervention, while mode 2 provides more anti-lock brake intervention.
New seven-spoke cast aluminum wheels are shod with a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear tire. Dunlop’s new D614F/D614 tubeless ADV tires were engineered exclusively for the V-STROM 800, and feature a new tread pattern and custom-engineered internal structure for superb pavement operation plus the ability to explore that new, unpaved road on occasion.
Like the V-STROM 800DE, a full-color, 5-inch TFT LCD multifunction instrument panel provides the rider access and on-the-fly control over the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) suite of advanced electronic features that include the Suzuki Drive Mode Selector, the Suzuki Traction Control System*, and Suzuki’s Bi-Directional Quick Shift system.
Other features include a vibration-damping, tapered handlebar, a supportive seat, and rubber-padded footpegs. The V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard 35L top case uses the V-STROM’s ignition key for locking the lid or quick removal of the case from the rear carrier.
2024 Suzuki V-STROM 800 features:
- Created specifically for the V-STROM 800 are Dunlop’s new D614 tires with a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear that ride on new cast-aluminum tubeless wheels with seven distinctive, V-shaped spokes each.
- The V-STROM 800 has a modest seat height (32.5 in.) and a lower handlebar position than the 800DE to help provide increased comfort on longer rides.
- Engineered for long-distance touring comfort and everyday convenience, the steel frame, sub-frame, and uniquely shaped aluminum swingarm are supported by the new SHOWA SFF-BP (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) a gas-charged SHOWA shock absorber with a remote hydraulic rear spring preload adjuster and adjustable rebound damping force.
- The V-STROM 800 spring rates and damping force settings are tuned to maximize road performance and comfort.
- A tall and wide adjustable windscreen provides ample coverage for long rides and sits above Suzuki’s signature, compact Mono-focus LED headlights.
- The V-STROM 800’s angular bodywork retains Suzuki’s distinctive Adventure “beak” styling and is topped with modern graphics.
- The 2024 V-STROM 800 is offered in an understated yet modern Metallic Matte Steel Green with its own refined graphics.
The 2024 Suzuki V-STROM 800 has a listed MSRP of $9,899.
2024 Suzuki V-STROM 800 Touring features:
- Riders will have quick access to items with the V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard 35-liter plastic top case that operates with the bike’s ignition key. The top case will hold most full-face helmets and unlock from the motorcycle in seconds.
- The V-STROM 800 Touring’s standard hand guards shield the rider’s hands from the elements.
- The V-STROM 800 Touring arrives in popular Glass Sparkle Black and will be available in Spring 2024.
The Suzuki V-STROM 800 Touring has a listed MSRP of $10,499.
A wide variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories are available for the V-STROM 800 and V-STROM 800 Touring. Accessories include plastic side cases, several top case options, engine guards, a center stand, low- and high-profile seats, heated hand grips, fog lamps, and more. The available Genuine Suzuki Accessory aluminum side cases and top cases have a sturdy locking system that uses a unique style key different from the motorcycle’s ignition key. Review the Suzuki Genuine Accessory catalog for information related to luggage on the V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring.
The V-STROM 800 and 800 Touring come with a 12-month limited warranty. Longer warranty coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP). For more details, visit www.suzukicycles.com.