The newest addition to Kawasaki’s Z Supernaked Series features a 650cc Parallel Twin engine with strong low-mid range torque and an all-new lightweight chassis in a slim, compact middleweight package that offers sugomi* performance and styling. The Z650’s nimble handling, superb feedback and strong acceleration are complemented by easy-to-manage power delivery and rider-friendly maneuverability, offering an ideal blend of sporty performance and everyday versatility sure to satisfy.
everyone from new to more experienced riders. Eye-catching Z styling reflects the sporty nature of this exciting new machine.
Like the 1976 Z650, whose torquey engine and compact chassis offered a lighter, nimbler alternative to the larger, more powerful Z1, the all-new 2017 Z650 is ideal for discerning customers who prefer agile, sporty riding.
Sugomi performance ensures that riding the Z650 is a treat for the senses. A responsive, torqueful engine character and nimble, lightweight chassis offer sporty riding excitement that new and more experienced riders alike will enjoy.
Exciting Parallel Twin Engine Tuning of the 649 cm3 Parallel Twin engine focused on achieving a throttle response that balanced a powerful feeling and a quick-revving character. To optimize performance for everyday riding, care was taken to maximize low-mid range torque. When opening the throttle, riders will notice an extremely smooth and powerful engine character that offers both a high level of control when making minute throttle adjustments and a gratifying rush of acceleration in the lower rpm ranges. This tuning also benefits fuel economy.
Light Weight, Nimble Handling Benefitting from a chassis comprised of lightweight components, the Z650 weighs in at 187 kg. Designed using Kawasaki’s new in-house analysis technology, the lightweight trellis frame and swingarm were the key to the Z650’s ultra-light handling.
The Z650’s low weight and low seat height both contribute to maneuverability, whether walking beside the bike, or foot peddling in a parking lot. The easy-to-manage engine response and strong low-end torque further facilitate low-speed maneuvering.
The Z650’s aggressive Z Supernaked styling blends sugomi design elements with a slim, light-looking package, resulting in a head-turning design that conveys both excitement and approachability.
Eye-Catching Z Styling From its front cowl adorned with meter cover to its compact tail cowl, the Z650’s head-turning design exudes a functional beauty. Complementing sugomi design elements (crouching stance, low-positioned head and upswept tail) that give it an instantly recognizable silhouette, its condensed appearance is emphasized by slim, close-fitting bodywork designed to give the bike a light, nimble image that reflects its sporty performance.
Compact Multi-Functional Instrumentation Stacked instrument cluster features a large analogue-style tachometer with a gear position indicator at its centre, sitting atop a multi-function LCD screen.
Compact Tail Compact, upswept tail cowl contributes to the Z650’s dynamic, sporty image. The strong Supernaked design can be further emphasized with an accessory single-seat cover.
“Z” LED Taillight Ensuring the Z650 is not mistaken for anything other than Kawasaki Supernaked when viewed from behind, its sharp LED taillight lights up in “Z” pattern, contributing to the sporty image and the strong Z identity.
- Pearl Flat Stardust White / Metallic Spark Black
- Metallic Flat Spark Black / Metallic Spark Black
- Metallic Raw Titanium / Metallic Spark Black
Kawasaki has long believed that Supernaked models should be more than supersport machines stripped of their full-fairing bodywork. Designed with Sugomi* performance for maximum riding pleasure, the new Z900 mounts a 948 cm3 In-Line Four engine in an all-new ultra-lightweight frame. The choice of a 900cc-class In-Line Four was no accident; every twist of the throttle is rewarded by crisp, smooth response and exhilarating acceleration. But although the engine becomes more exciting the higher the revs climb, its smooth power delivery makes it extremely manageable. The lightweight chassis offers the same duality; nimble handling lends itself to spirited sports riding, while the Z900’s light weight and low seat height make it easy to control.
Like many legendary Kawasaki 900cc-class In-Line Four machines (Z1, GPz900R, Ninja ZX-9R), the Z900’s package delivers a sublime balance of power and handling – ideal for a Supernaked model.
The Z900’s low weight and low seat height (795 mm) both contribute to maneuverability, whether walking beside the bike, or foot peddling in a parking lot. The easy-to-manage engine response and wide steering angle further facilitate low-speed maneuvering.
Horizontal Back-Link Rear Suspension Linked suspension delivers a balance of sporty performance and ride comfort.
Ergonomics for control
With the wide, flat handlebar and relaxed, sporty riding position, the rider is easily able to capitalize on the Z900’s sporty street riding potential. Slightly more upright than the Z1000 and Z800, the riding position offers a blend of control and comfort that allows the rider to enjoy a variety of riding situations.
- Pearl Mystic Gray / Metallic Flat Spark Black
- Candy Lime Green / Metallic Spark Black
- Metallic Flat Spark Black / Metallic Spark Black
Kawasaki Z1000/ Z1000 R Edition
Changes from the previous model
- Engine & Exhaust System
- Revised ECU settings contribute to even smoother power delivery, facilitating control and contributing to rider comfort and confidence, and deliver cleaner emissions, ensuring Euro 4 regulations are cleared.
- Evaporator further contributes to cleaner emissions
- Revisions to the main and pre-catalyzers contribute to cleaner emissions, ensuring Euro 4 regulations are cleared.
- Revised front fork settings deliver suppler action. Aggressive riding feel is maintained, while the significantly improved shock absorption offers increased ride comfort. The settings also contribute to lighter, natural handling.
- Modified linkage ratio increases rear wheel travel by 13 mm (122 mm >> 135 mm) and delivers in suppler rear suspension action. Shock absorption is improved and the rear feels more planted.
- Improved Brake Touch
- Revised rear brake pad material and optimized return spring offer improved control and increased overall performance.
- Mirrors have a greater range of movement, increasing rearward visibility and offering easier adjustability.
- 5-way adjustable clutch lever can be set to suit the size of the rider’s hands, contributing to rider comfort.
Additional instrumentation features:
- Gear position indicator increases shifting precision and confidence, while also lending to the Z1000’s sporty image.
- New shift-up indicator function contributes a sportier image and makes shifting through the gears a more exciting experience. (The top part of the bar-style tachometer – from 4,000 min-1 onward – flashes when the set rpm is reached.)
- Clock can be displayed in either 12h or 24h time, according to rider preference.
- Styling Updates
- Sharper, more stylish turn signals complement the aggressive Z styling.
- Sharper-looking inner fender strengthens the bike’s sporty, aggressive image.
A number of Kawasaki genuine accessories allow riders to further enhance the Z1000’s sharp looks or offer added comfort or convenience: meter cover, front axle sliders, crankcase rings, tank pad and key fob guard, and knee pads.
R Edition features different from the standard model
Brembo Brake Components
To bring the already formidable braking performance of the Z1000 to the next level, high-spec brake components like those found on the Ninja H2R were implemented. The Brembo components featured are the best available for a mass-production model. The high-precision operation delivers brake force linearly, contributing to superb controllability.
- A pair of massive φ310 mm Brembo semi-floating discs with a thickness of t5.5 mm deliver superb braking force. The stainless steel rotors offer high rigidity and contribute to excellent brake feel.
- Grooves running down the centre of the outer edge of the discs increase their surface area for greater heat dissipation.
- Dual radial-mount Brembo M50 cast aluminum monobloc calipers grip the front discs. The highly rigid opposed 4-piston calipers with φ30 mm pistons contribute to superb braking force, as well as a high-quality image.
- Complementing the front brake system, stainless-steel braided lines are used to ensure more direct transfer of hydraulic fluid.
- At the rear a 250 mm disc is slowed by a single-piston caliper. The disc’s round shape complements the round shape of the front Brembo discs.
Öhlins rear suspension
- Complementing the enhanced braking performance of the Brembo brakes, high-quality Öhlins rear suspension offers both increased ride comfort and the pride in ownership that comes from the knowledge that your machine is equipped with top-shelf components.
- Öhlins S46DR1S rear shock features an aluminum body with single-tube construction, large 46 mm piston, and internal air and gas chambers separated by a floating piston.
- The rear shock offers a number of riding benefits, including: a more supple ride and improved stability under loads - overall better feeling than the standard model
- Remote preload adjuster makes it easy to adjust settings without tools to suit tandem riding or luggage.
R edition styling
- Special graphics include a vivid yellow-green accent that contrasts with the bike’s otherwise dark coloring.
- Special tank pads with R Edition graphics are standard equipment.
- Special frame pads with graphics add to the design.
- Seat is embossed with “Z” mark (instead of the Z-pattern seat leather on the standard seat), further distinguishing the bike from the standard model.
- Metallic Spark Black/ Golden Blazed Green
- Candy Burnt Orange/ Flat Ebony
Z1000 R Edition
- Metallic Spark Black/ Metallic Graphite Gray
Copyright 2016 Powersports Business