Introducing the dynamic Scrambler 1200 XC and Scrambler 1200 XE, all-new, benchmark-setting motorcycles fusing all-purpose capability with Triumph’s iconic Scrambler DNA. Enjoying the full capabilities of an adventure motorcycle, these beautiful new 1200cc Scramblers deliver category- redefining levels of performance, fit, and finish.
Triumph engineered the Scrambler 1200 to deliver a sublime riding experience, regardless of conditions or road surface. The Scrambler 1200 also features class-leading, state of the art technology, lifting these new modern classics to a whole new level. Instant legends, these Triumphs are the first of a new generation and the best in every dimension – the real deal is here.
- Dueling Scramblers
o Scrambler 1200 XC – all-road versatility
o Scrambler 1200 XE – effortless off-road capability
- Thrilling performance
o High power 1,200 cc Bonneville twin engine with a dedicated Scrambler tune delivering 89 Hp @ 7,400 rpm
- Incredible torque output of 81 Ft-lb @ 3,950 rpm
- Signature twin soundtrack projected through sculpted high-level exhaust
- Category-dominating capability
- Class-leading, state-of-the-art technology including:
- Second-generation TFT instrument panel
- Six riding modes, including Off-Road Pro, on the XE; five riding modes on the XC Optimized cornering ABS and cornering traction control on the XE
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and fully-integrated technology system
- All-LED lighting
- Intuitive switch cubes & 5-way joystick
- Backlit switches
- Torque-assist clutch
- Keyless ignition
- Cruise control
- USB charging socket
- Standard heated grips on the XE; also available as an accessory on the XC
- Available Bluetooth connectivity module enabling:
- World’s first motorcycle integrated GoPro control system
- Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system
- Bluetooth phone and music operation
- Class-leading, state-of-the-art technology including:
- Class-leading equipment including:
- Öhlins first-in-class, fully adjustable long-travel RSU
- Showa fully adjustable long travel forks
- Brembo twin M50 radial monobloc front calipers
- Crafted long-travel aluminum swingarm
- Dedicated Scrambler frame
- Folding, adjustable foot controls (XE)
- High-specification side laced wheels
- Category-first 21-inch front wheel with adventure-focused tubeless tires
- Aggressive Pirelli Scorpion Rally tires
- Breathtaking scrambler style
- Category-leading finish and detailing
- Modern scrambler-defining custom style
- Iconic silhouette and sculpted high-level twin exhaust system
- Seamless fuel tank with brushed aluminum Monza-style filler cap and brushed stainless strap
- Built for personalization
- 80+ new Scrambler accessories
- Two new inspiration kits:
- ‘Escape’ featuring luggage for adventure touring
- ‘Extreme’ for increased off-road focus
THE ORIGINAL SCRAMBLERS
The new Scrambler 1200 has an unparalleled blood line dating back more than half a century. Triumphs, already the leading bikes of the 1960s, were prepped for the dirt, stripped down, and fitted with improved suspensions and straight-through, twin high-pipes. Triumph created the template for what makes a scrambler truly great. These were the original desert sleds.
These motorcycles inspired the world’s first production scramblers, the Bonneville T120TT, T120C, and the TR6C – motorcycles Steve McQueen took to the desert, Bud Ekins raced and won in the dirt, and competed in the most challenging desert race of their time, the Baja 1000. They were the machines that created legends.
In 2006, Triumph once again inspired the genesis of a new category with the launch of the very first‘modern-era’ scrambler. The Bonneville Scrambler triggered the explosion of today’s scramblers whileinspiring a new global fan base, from urban riders to movie stars, all in love with the iconic Triumph Scrambler style and silhouette.
THE NEW BENCHMARK
Two all-new models comprise the Triumph Scrambler 1200 lineup: the Scrambler 1200 XC, designed and built to assuredly tackle any road; and the range-topping Scrambler 1200 XE, which raises its off-road capability and scrambling credentials to the very top of the motorcycling world.
At the heart of each new Scrambler is the latest generation, high power 1,200 cc Bonneville engine featuring a dedicated ‘Scrambler tune’ helping deliver readily-accessible, category-leading torque. The charismatic 270° firing interval ensures a smooth, linear power delivery conducted by a slick six-speed gearbox. Evolved specifically for the Scrambler, the 1200 engine provides 89 Hp @ 7,400 rpm, 12.5% more power than the Bonneville T120 and an incredible 38% more than the 2019 Street Scrambler.
Additionally, the Scrambler 1200 power plant is tuned to deliver ‘high torque’ on- and off-road low down and across the mid-range, with peak torque of 81 Ft-lb available at a low 3,950 rpm. The Scrambler1200’s engine leap-frogs the Street Scrambler’s peak torque figure by a substantial 37.5%.
A beautifully crafted, high-mounted twin exhaust system with stainless steel headers and brushed stainless steel silencers unleashes a deep, punchy, Scrambler sound. Mirroring the newest-generation Bonnevilles, the Scrambler 1200 engine delivers class-leading capability with ride-by-wire technology and a liquid cooling system for enhanced performance and cleaner, more fuel-efficient riding. Both Scrambler 1200 models feature a high first major service interval of 10,000 mi/16,000 km.
The Scrambler 1200s feature a class-leading standard of rider focused technology, including:
- Second generation TFT instruments
- Both models feature Triumph’s latest generation, stylishly designed full-color TFT instruments with two customizable information layout design themes. This includes an all-new feature allowing the rider to personalize the start-up screen message with their name.
- Up to 6 riding modes, including ‘Off-Road Pro’
- Both models feature Road, Rain, Off-Road, Sport and Rider-configurable riding modes which adjust the throttle response, ABS, and traction control to suit rider preference and riding conditions.
- The Scrambler 1200 XE adds the ‘Off-Road Pro’ mode, which delivers our most off-road focused set-up for advanced scrambling and adventure riding. The ‘Off-Road Pro’ mode turns off ABS and traction control and uses the ‘Off-Road’ throttle map.
- IMU- Inertial Measurement Unit (XE only)
- An advanced Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU), developed in partnership with Continental, supports the optimum function of the Optimized Cornering ABS and Traction Control on the Scrambler 1200 XE. The IMU takes constant measurements of roll, pitch, yaw, lean angle, and acceleration rates, and responds with the appropriate active safety features.
- Optimized Cornering ABS (XE only; IMU supported)
- Exclusive to the Scrambler XE is the Optimized Cornering ABS, fitted as standard. This maintains the optimum braking performance, whatever the lean angle.
- The Scrambler 1200 XC features switchable, three-mode ABS manually selected via the Rider- configurable riding mode.
- Optimized Cornering Traction Control (XE only; IMU supported)
- The Scrambler 1200 XE also features standard Optimized Cornering Traction Control, which automatically adapts the level of traction control depending on lean angle and riding conditions.
- The Scrambler XC equips switchable traction control with the five modes selected manually via the Rider-configurable riding mode.
- All-LED lighting
- Both Scrambler 1200 models come with all-LED lighting, including a 5-inch headlight and a tail light with new, more attractively diffused opacity detailing and indicators (in applicable markets).
- Backlit switchgear
- The switches on both Scrambler models are backlit from LEDs housed inside the switch cubes, enhancing rider interaction and improving control via a soft glow in all lighting conditions.
- Torque-assist clutch
- Designed to reduce clutch lever effort for the rider, the torque-assist clutch brings a lighter touch and feel, making it easier to ride longer.
- Keyless ignition
- Triumph’s keyless ignition system is fitted as standard on both models. The system recognizes the proximity of the keyless fob and enables ignition via the switch cube-mounted start button. For even greater security, there is also a button to disable the key’s wireless transmissionfunction.
- Heated grips
- Two-mode heated grips are also fitted as standard on the Scrambler 1200 XE and are available as an accessory on the Scrambler 1200 XC. These are neatly integrated with a button on the left hand grip, further aiding rider comfort.
- Cruise control
- Electronic cruise control is fitted as standard on both Scrambler 1200 models. Incorporated as a single button on the left hand switch cube, it can be easily accessed while riding for maximum convenience and safety.
- USB charging
- To charge personal equipment, each new Scrambler features five volt USB integration via a new foam lined storage box under the seat.
- World’s first integrated GoPro control system
- A world’s first for any motorcycle – Triumph introduces an integrated GoPro control system enabled by an optional Bluetooth connectivity module. The connection and controls are displayed on the TFT instruments, enabling intuitive video and photo operation via the switchgear.
- Fully-integrated phone and music operation
- The new Scrambler 1200s feature Bluetooth phone integration displayed on the vibrant, full- color TFT instrument cluster. Facilitated through an accessory-fitted Bluetooth connectivity module, the intuitive interface allows the rider to select music, control the volume, and take calls.
- Triumph app
- For iOS and Android phones, riders can download the free, all-new Triumph app. Through the app, the rider may control the navigation, route planner, final destination, and points of interest.
- Turn-by-turn navigation system
- Another Triumph first – integrated turn-by-turn navigation system powered by GoogleTM – their first motorcycle manufacturer partnership. The navigation system is facilitated through the accessory fitted Bluetooth connectivity module.
- Once the rider has selected the route on the free, all-new Triumph app (iOS/ Android phones), the instrument panel presents turn symbols using simple graphic icons. With this system, the rider can access navigation, a route-planner, their final destination, and points of interest such as hotels, gas stations and restaurants, all within a fingertip’s reach.
CLASS-LEADING SPECIFICATION & EQUIPMENT
The new Scrambler 1200s have been developed to deliver first-in-class, dual purpose ‘classic and adventure’ capability. Triumph created a new, dedicated Scrambler chassis tailor-made for focused off- road capability and featuring comfortable rider ergonomics.
Both models feature new, unique, fully-adjustable twin-spring Öhlins rear suspension units that deliver category-leading wheel travel and suspension performance for amazing off-road capability and ground clearance.
The more extreme, off-road oriented XE version delivers 9.8 inches (250mm) of wheel travel, and the dual purpose XC delivers 7.9 inches (200mm). Both models are equipped with piggy-back reservoirs.
‘’The twin spring Öhlins RSU on the new Triumph Scrambler 1200 is a totally unique set-up designed for exceptional off-road ability. With an inspiration from the early 70’s motocross twin spring design, this is a genuine innovation that delivers a new level of long-travel suspension capability,” said Emil Aberg,ÖHLINS Key Account Manager. “My testing team were amazed with the performance of the new 1200 Scramblers and considered them to be actually more capable off-road than many of the adventure bikesthey had tested.’’
Both Scramblers also feature a new, long-travel aluminum swingarm, which is longer on the XE version, making the new XC and XE truly capable in all riding conditions. There are also premium Brembo M50 radial monobloc calipers, adjustable and folding foot controls on the XE model, first-in-class tubeless tires mounted on spoked rims, and 21-inch front wheel.
BREATHTAKING SCRAMBLER STYLE
The new Scrambler 1200s have category-defining, modern-custom style with unparalleled finish and detailing, setting a new standard for 21st century scramblers. Incorporating the iconic silhouette and original Scrambler design, the new XC and XE feature a host of signature details, including:
- New ‘seamless’ fuel tank with classic Scrambler ‘cut-away’ features
- Beautifully engineered side-laced wheels
- Brushed aluminum Monza-style fuel cap
- Brushed stainless tank strap
- Classic bench seatReflecting its top-of-the-range status, the Scrambler 1200 XE comes with even more premium accoutrements including the honor of being the first bike to carry the iconic Triumph triangle badge on the tank, plus:
- Hand guards with aluminum brace
- Brembo MCS lever
- Silver handlebar finish with black anodized risers and clamp
- Gold-colored forks
Each Scrambler is available in two alternative premium twin-paint schemes:
- Scrambler 1200 XC
- Jet Black and Matte Black
- Khaki Green and Brooklands Green
- Scrambler 1200 XE
- Fusion White and Brooklands Greeno
- Cobalt Blue and Jet Black
80+ DEDICATED SCRAMBLER ACCESSORIES
The new Scrambler 1200 XC and XE have been designed with personalization at heart, with more than 80 accessories available to deliver a more rugged off-road focus, more style, and more everyday usability.
Off-road accessories include:
- High-level front mudguard
- Stainless steel engine bars
- Headlight grille
Styling and practicality accessories include:
- Bluetooth connectivity module
- Arrow carbon fiber silencer
- Indicator relocation kit
- Handlebar brace
- Number board
For far away escapes and daily practicality, accessories include:
- Newly developed rugged panniers
- Rugged tank bag
- 30 liter roll bag
TWO NEW INSPIRATION KITS
To showcase the dual-character of the bikes, we’ve created a set of exciting inspiration kits to use as a starting point for riders to design their own Scrambler 1200 custom, or to fit as a complete set – the fully loaded Escape and the off-road, stripped back Extreme.
Bringing an adventure touring style, the ‘Escape’ inspiration kit features a host of new Scrambler 1200 accessories, including:
- Rugged pannier and fitting kit
- Handguards kit
- Grab rack kit
- LED fog lamps
- Center stand
- Flyscreen and mounting kit
Showcasing the more overtly off-road and stripped back custom style accessories, including:
- Arrow carbon silencer (homologated)
- Aluminum radiator guard
- Machined oil filler cap
- High front mudguard
- Black handlebar brace
- Side stand base extension
- Stainless steel dresser bar
- LED indicator kit and rear light relocation kit
- Headlight grille
- Headlight bezelBonneville Collection: Scrambler RangeAdding to the popular Bonneville clothing collection, Triumph has developed a dedicated range of Scrambler 1200 clothing featuring short sleeve t-shirts, checkerboard goggles, and a selection of riding and casual wear for men and women.
SCRAMBLER 1200 XC
SCRAMBLER 1200 XE
FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE XE
plus phone and music operation
Adjustable handlebar position