All-new bike bringsWSBK-type technology
With two World Superbike Championship titles under its belt, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS is already the most respected sportbike in the racing paddock, and now an all-new version builds on that reputation.
The 2016 model is designed to deliver race-winning performance by using the proven technology that propelled the Kawasaki Racing Team (KRT) to worldwide dominance. This new bike is the best platform for riders looking to set records on the track, as well as attain the highest level of sportbike enjoyment on the road.
The new Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycle takes state-of-the-art mechanical design with the very latest rider electronics suite. The result is the ultimate superbike with the mind-bending performance of a more powerful 998cc four-cylinder engine on the track, as well as legendary Kawasaki reliability both on and off the track.
The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS is the highest performing, most track-focused sportbike available today for homologated racing use. It boasts World Superbike-derived Showa suspension and a user-friendly electronics package that is exclusive to Kawasaki and only available to Ninja ZX-10R ABS riders. The electronics package is developed from Kawasaki’s World Superbike experience and includes KEBC Kawasaki Engine Braking Control, KLCM Kawasaki Launch Control Mode, KIBS Kawasaki Intelligent Anti-lock Braking System, Corner Management Function, S-KTRC Sport Kawasaki TRaction Control and KQS Kawasaki Quick Shifter.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2016 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R ABS MOTORCYCLE
- World Superbike-derived Kawasaki Racing Team technology has produced the most track-focused sportbike ever
- NEW More powerful 998cc in-line four-cylinder 16-valve engine
- NEW Lighter crankshaft allows quicker revving and increased low-mid-range power
- NEW Pistons, head design, camshaft profiles and air box for better response and power
- NEW Computer-controlled electronic throttle valve delivers precise control
- NEW Lightweight titanium exhaust system
- NEW Close-ratio, cassette-type transmission is ideally suited to racing and gives strong corner exit acceleration
- NEW Chassis with new steering head position, swingarm rigidity and length, longer wheelbase creates balanced handling
- NEW Front cowl provides better aerodynamics, improves high-speed handling, reduces rider buffeting
- NEW Showa Balance Free Fork (BFF) and Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC) derived directly from World Superbike racing, first-time usedon a mass-production motorcycle
- NEW Brembo M50 monobloc front calipers, 330mm Brembo rotors and master cylinder provide increased braking power, feel and heat dissipation
- NEW Electronics suite uses a Bosch five-axis IMU for KEBC Kawasaki Engine Braking Control, KLCM Kawasaki Launch Control Mode, KIBS Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Braking System, Corner Management Function, S-KTRC Sport Kawasaki TRaction Control and KQS Kawasaki Quick Shifter
- NEW Kawasaki Racing Team-inspired KRT Edition color scheme combining Lime Green and Ebony paint
- NEW Metallic Matte Carbon Grey finish
WORLD SUPERBIKE TECHNOLGY
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycle has dominated the World Superbike Championship for many years — finishing second in 2012, first in 2013, second in 2014, and recently clinching first place in both the 2015 Riders’ Championship, as well as the 2015 Manufacturers’ Championship title by a healthy margin over its nearest rivals. All this success has a direct impact on Kawasaki’s street products, with the technology being fed back to Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. for integration intothe 2016 Ninja ZX-10R ABS motorcycle. This has helped to sharpen the motorcycle’s edge, resulting in better handling, improved lap times and a thrilling riding experience.