The latest industry composites provided to Powersports Business from Spader Business Management show that Spader dealers saw a slight decline in company gross margin of 0.3 percent year-to-date in November 2012 compared to the same time period in 2011.
Company sales saw a 12.9 percent YTD dollars increase in November 2012 compared to YTD November 2011. Unit inventory rose by
20 percent YTD dollars in November 2012 compared to YTD November 2011.
The YTD points change for YTD November 2012 compared to YTD November 2011 is as follows:
• Company gross margin: minus 0.3 points
• Net percent of sales: plus 0.2 points
• Personnel expense ratio: plus 0.2 points
• Variable expense ratio: minus 0.7 percent
• Fixed expense ratio: minus 0.8 percent
The Spader training and consulting firm tracks North American powersports dealers, both large and small, to compile an average profile, then compares year-over-year trends in a number of different categories.