Polaris Industries has introduced three of its 2012 model snowmobiles. The sleds will be available at demo rides events across North America beginning Thursday.
The new models include:
- The 800 Switchback Pro-R, a crossover that features PRO-RIDE progressive-rate rear suspension and an additional 7 inches of tunnel length on a 136-inch bump-bridging rail. Walker Evans needle shocks are used all around the sled, as well as lightweight driveline components, such as a hollow jackshaft, drilled brake rotor and lightweight silencer. Retro graphics are available through Snow Check Select.
- The 600 Switchback Adventure has the same suspension, tunnel length and bump-bridging rail as the 800 Switchback Pro-R, but it also features additional comfort and storage components. The snowmobile comes standard with a tall windshield, wind deflectors, mirrors, 12-volt and RCA outlets, the modular Adventure Cargo System featuring Lock & Ride, an aluminum cargo rack and Lock & Ride saddlebags.
- The 600 Pro-RMK 155-inch is a 600cc version of the 2011 Pro-RMK. The 2012 600 Pro-RMK has lightweight components, such as the silencer, rotor and jackshaft. It has RMK Coil-Over rear suspension, PRO-RIDE RMK adjustable IFT and premium rebuildable Walker Evans shocks in the front and rear. It’s 50 pounds lighter than the 2011 IQ RMK 155-inch.
The complete 2012 snowmobile lineup, which includes several new models, will be introduced on March 3 at www.terraindomination.com.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.
Copyright 2011 Powersports Business