Polaris Industries voluntarily recalled about 8,500 MY ’09-’10 Sportsman ATVs. In cooperation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the recall was implemented because of a crash hazard, according to the CPSC.
The front suspension ball joint stem can separate from the steering knuckle and cause the rider to lose steering control. Polaris has received 19 reports of incidents involving the recalled ATVs, but no injuries have been reported, stated the CPSC.
The ATVs were manufactured between January and August 2009. They were sold at Polaris dealers nationwide from February-November 2009 for $7,500-$10,800.
The VIN number and manufacture date are located on the right front of the ATV on the frame rail next to the front shock.
- 2009 Sportsman XP 550
- 2009 Sportsman XP 550 EPS
- 2010 Sportsman 550
- 2010 Sportsman X2 550
- 2010 Sportsman Touring 550
- 2009/2010 Sportsman XP 850
- 2009/2010 Sportsman XP850 EPS
- 2010 Sportsman Touring 850
- Can’t get enough powersports news? Check out our latest blogs, follow us on Twitter.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.
Copyright 2009 Powersports Business