Indian Motorcycle, America’s first motorcycle company, is pleased to announce the all-new 2015 Indian Roadmaster, setting a new benchmark as the ultimate in luxury motorcycle touring. This exceptional new addition to the Indian Motorcycle family will make its public debut on August 2 at the 74th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and will be available for demo rides throughout the weeklong event along with the rest of the 2015 Indian Motorcycle lineup. More announcements regarding the 2015 line of Indian bikes will also be made on August 2.
2015 Indian Roadmaster
Originally produced from 1947-1953, the Indian Roadmaster was widely recognized as one of America’s most reliable and comfortable touring bikes, and the all-new 2015 Roadmaster is destined to reclaim that honor. In keeping with its legendary namesake, the Roadmaster comes loaded with premium features for comfort, convenience and luxury, including expansive storage capacity and unmatched power and performance.
“It has truly been a privilege and an honor for our team to be a part of motorcycling history in designing and reintroducing the Roadmaster, which has such a legendary reputation as the king of luxury touring bikes,” said Steve Menneto, VP of Motorcycles for Polaris Industries. “The quality, craftsmanship, performance and standard feature set on this bike is simply unmatched in the luxury touring segment, and we look forward to sharing the 2015 Roadmaster and other exciting announcements with the global motorcycling community beginning August 2nd in Sturgis.”
Comfort & Convenience by Design
The new Roadmaster was built from the ground up for all-day, two-passenger touring comfort, with expansive, easy-access storage for extended rides in virtually any weather condition. It offers:
- Nearly 38 gallons of weatherproof storage
- Standard dual hard-sided saddlebags and a roomy quick-release, carpet-lined rear trunk —both featuring remote locking for security and convenience
- Enhanced driver leg room and adjustable passenger floorboards
- The Horizon Windscreen featuring power-adjust
- Desert Tan Genuine Leather heated seats with individual controls and high/low settings
- Heated grips featuring 10 temperature settings
- Adjustable airflow lower fairings
Luxury is Standard
The 2015 Roadmaster takes American luxury and comfort to a whole new level with an extensive list of standard premium features that include:
- High-resolution Anti-Lock Brakes
- Chrome front and rear highway bars
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Keyless ignition with remote saddlebag and trunk locks
- Triple power ports
- Pathfinder LED Lighting throughout
- Electronic cruise control
- Advanced infotainment system offering communication, navigation, and telephone and Pandora® integration
- Bluetooth capability for hands-free multi-device connectivity
Indian Motorcycle’s new flagship luxury touring bike is powered by the awe-inspiring and proven Thunder Stroke 111™ engine, a 49-degree, air-cooled V-twin power plant mated to a 6-speed overdrive transmission. The Roadmaster is dripping in standard chrome, including the forks, trim, trunk rack, front and rear highway bars, fender tips, and many other chrome components that are options on other brands.
Pricing & Availability
The 2015 Indian Roadmaster is available at a starting MSRP of $26,999 with expected delivery in dealerships across North American in September. It is available in Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, and a two-tone Indian Motorcycle Red/Ivory Cream paint scheme.
Sturgis Rally attendees can experience the Roadmaster by visiting the Indian Motorcycle exhibit at 3rd & Lazelle St., or taking a demo ride at the Indian Motorcycle Demo Experience, I-90 @ Exit 30. Visit the Indian Motorcycle Sturgis event page for details.