COMS provides simplified transaction processing
GE Capital, Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF) announced significant upgrades to its online inventory finance management tool used by dealers across a wide range of durable consumer products industries including recreational vehicles, marine, motorsports, technology and lawn and garden. In addition, in most of these industries, dealers will now have access to CDF’s industry-leading data analysis, Analytics Online.
Known as COMS (Customer Online Management System), CDF’s upgraded online tool is being rolled out to more than 45,000 users at dealerships across the U.S., Canada and Asia. Users will process transactions more simply and access detailed metrics and real-time reports to make more informed decisions. Visit CDF’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/GECDF) to watch a video about COMS.
“Our dealer community will benefit from these upgrades by getting information they need to run their businesses more quickly and easily,” said Anuj Gaur, CDF’s chief information officer. “We’ve provided a robust tool that’s simple to use, allowing them to spend less time on administrative tasks and more time with their customers.”
With Analytics Online, a user can view outstandings and wholesale finance volume over a rolling 12-month period, across multiple manufacturers and distributors, and across selling seasons. With these insights, the user can gain a better understanding of product demand based on previous seasons and order their optimal level of inventory.
Other COMS features include:
• Streamlined payments capabilities: The centralized payment work center on each user’s homepage makes it possible to pay all open invoices with one click.
• Alerts: Dealers can set alerts to stay on top of key account developments, such as funding approvals and new billing statements.
• Site personalization: COMS can be personalized according to each user’s needs by choosing the most important information to display and where to display it.
• Enhanced search: Dealers can find exactly what they need across all accounts with intuitive and powerful search functionality.
• Easy-to-navigate user interface: The site offers simplified navigation with multiple customization features.
“COMS is a breakthrough system that’s both transactional and analytical,” said Judith Toland, director of business intelligence for CDF. “The current version of the tool will enable smart decision making. By using COMS, we’re equipping dealers with the information they need to run their businesses more efficiently.”
CDF premiered its robust online analytical tools in late 2010; the first iteration allowed manufacturers and distributors to monitor the sales, inventory, credit use and other important performance drivers of each dealer. A significant upgrade to COMS for manufacturers and distributors was released in late 2011.
Work has already begun on a mobile version of COMS for manufacturers, distributors and dealers.