A sales manager is key to sales success at any dealership. The manager can create or destroy an environment of improving performance, and Glenn Roller shows dealers exactly how to use that management position to inspire their sales staffs to increase sales.
Roller’s session at the 2010 Profit Xcelerator was talked about throughout the event, and this year he’s returning to show dealers how to Coach Your Team to Greater Sales. His session will include a live sales meeting in which Roller will demonstrate how a sales manager can lead a team to higher levels of performance during ProfitX, Powersports Business’ conference and expo.
Roller says each sales manager should ask if his or her staff is inspired to the highest possible level. Each manager should ask himself or herself:
1. What is your effect on your sales staff? Inspirational? Or the opposite of that?
2. Is your sales staff allowed to let you know how they feel about your management or ownership style?
3. If they are allowed to give you that feedback, are you listening to what they are saying?
If you're interested in improving your ability to lead your sales team to greater performance, start by asking yourself — and honestly answering — those three questions. And if you want to out-perform your competition in the coming year, attend ProfitX Sept. 25-27 at the Red Rock Resort Casino & Spa in Las Vegas. Register for the event here.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.