Dealerships on average fared nearly the same vs. their business plan in September as they did in August, according to the latest exclusive data from Powersports Business magazine.
A total of 24% of dealers who responded to the monthly 1-question survey reported that they were “Above plan” for September, down from 25% who responded in the same fashion during August.
The latest 1-question survey to dealership owners asked: “How would you characterize your dealership’s September business performance relative to plan? If you have multiple locations, please provide your overall assessment of September.
A total of 24% said they were “Above plan” in September, with 31% responding as being “On plan” for September, the same as August. A total of 45% of dealership owners responded as being “Below plan” for September, up from 44% during August.
Overall, 55% of dealership owners said they were “Above plan” or “On plan” for September, down from 56% who said the same for August.
For July, 66% of dealership owners reported being “Above plan” or “On plan.”
Thanks again to all dealers who participated in this 5-10 second exercise.
Dealers will be gathering live to get a leg up on their future business performance during the 2022 Powersports Business Accelerate Conference, being held Nov. 14-16 at the Caribe Royale Resort in Orlando. Dealers can learn more about the can’t-miss conference of the year on their dealership’s MotoTV video feed, because that’s how we roll in Year 2 of the event!
Sponsors of the 2022 Powersports Business Accelerate Conference are as follows.
Diamond: Torque Group
Platinum: ABRG | WPS
Silver: Volcon ePowersports, CycleTrader, Synchrony, ZiiDMS, VIP Video & Marketing, United States Warranty Corporation, Performance Brokerage Services, Speed Leasing, AppOne, Dealership Performance 360 CRM, ARI, Dealer Spike, Rider’s Advantage, Octane | Roadrunner Financial, Sheffield and Constellation Dealership Software.
Your dealership/company should join us in Orlando. Contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
With less than two months until the conference, owners and staff representing dealerships in 26(!) different states and Canada have registered. Dealerships that will have owners and/or staff in attendance at the 2022 Powersports Business Accelerate Conference are as follows:
• Flip My Cycle, Fayetteville, NC
• Crossroad Powersports, Upper Darby, PA
• St. Paul Harley-Davidson, St. Paul, MN
• Wild Prairie Harley-Davidson, Eden Prairie, MN
• Southern Thunder Harley-Davidson, Southaven, MS
• Team Powersports, Raleigh, NC
• Team Powersports, Garner, NC
• Hawg Powersports, Savannah, GA
• Hawg Scooters, Columbia, SC
• Simply Ride, Eden Prairie, MN
• Great Western Motorcycles, Statesville, NC
• Red Hills Powersports, Tallahassee, FL
• Logan Motorcycle Sales, Logan, WV
• Hatfield McCoy Powersports, Belfry, KY
• Powersports Plus, Albany, GA
• Ag1 Farmers Co-op Powersports, Livingston, TN
• Power Pac Equipment & Motorsports, Marshfield, WI
• Erv’s Sales & Service, Tomahawk, WI
• Country Sports, Inc., Wisconsin Rapids, WI
• West Virginia Motorsports, Princeton, WV
• Moto Primo Motorsports | Indian Motorcycle of Lakeville, Lakeville, MN
• Extreme Power Sports, Gaylord, MI
• Sunrise Cycles, Norfolk, VA
• Powersports St. Augustine, St. Augustine, FL
• Gables Motorsports & Marine, Wesley Chapel, FL
• Orlando Harley-Davidson, Orlando, FL
• Tom Wood Powersports Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
• Twister City Harley-Davidson, Wichita, KS
• Woods Cycle Country, New Braunfels, TX
• Indian Motorcycle of Lafayette, Lafayette, IN
• Durango Harley-Davidson, Durango, CO
• Foothills Motorsports, Piedmont, SC
• Davis Motorsports of Delano, Delano, MN
• Extreme Torque Motorsports, Moncton, NB
• U Motors Motorsports & Marine, Fargo, ND
• Village Powersports, Homosassa, FL
• Freedom Powersports, Fort Worth, TX
• 561 Powersports, Lake Park, FL
• Twin Cities Harley-Davidson South, Lakeville, MN
• Mall of Georgia Indian Motorcycle, Buford, GA
• Tom Wood Powersports – Anderson, Anderson, IN
• Wildcat Harley-Davidson, London, KY
• U Motors Motorsports & Marine, Detroit Lakes, MN
• Jet City Harley-Davidson, Renton, WA
• Indian Motorcycle of Lexington, Lexington, KY
• Ducati Motorcycles of Richfield, Richfield, MN
• Extreme Torque Motorsports, Fredericton, NB
• Freedom Powersports Huntsville, Huntsville, AL
• Nick’s Powersports, Dickeyville, WI
• U Motors Motorsports & Marine, Pelican Rapids, MN
• Freedom Powersports Canton, Canton, GA
• Brinson Powersports, Corsicana, TX
• Mad River Harley-Davidson, Sandusky, OH
• Freedom Powersports Burleson, Burleson, TX
• Extreme Torque Motorsports, Woodstock, NB
• Lang Equipment L.L.C. Marshfield, Marshfield, WI
• Pioneer Motorsport, Chaffee, NY
• Pensacola Harley-Davidson, Pensacola, FL
• Mosites Motorsports, North Versailles, PA
Here’s a look at the sponsor networking room from the inaugural event in 2021 at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta.
And an action video, as there’s always plenty of action at PSB dealer events!