The Progressive International Motorcycle Shows (IMS) announced its 2019-20 tour dates and locations, including a new stop in Denver to expand the reach of its overall market.
The eight-city tour will provide motorcycle enthusiasts and consumers an opportunity to interact with the latest models coming to market and new accessories, merchandise and more. Actively supporting IMS’ dedication to the growth of the industry and sport, Progressive, the IMS title sponsor since 2010, will continue to work alongside IMS through 2025. Tickets for the 2019/2020 IMS tour will go on sale Sept. 5.
Committed to getting new riders on two wheels, IMS debuted Discover the Ride, a forward-thinking initiative designed to introduce riding motorcycles to consumers of all ages in a safe and controlled environment, on the 2018-19 tour. Survey feedback provided by participants of the initiative found that 81 percent of currently non-motorcycle-licensed consumers who experienced the program’s New Rider Course plan to get their motorcycle license, indicating a high level of interest of new riders to the industry.
“IMS’ engaging approach to increasing new ridership is exciting and we are thrilled to continue our title sponsorship of this industry leading event for another five years,” said Eric Doubler, Recreational Vehicle Business Leader, Progressive. “The show provides a fantastic platform for our brand to connect with both new and seasoned riders, and each year we look forward to presenting motorcycle enthusiasts with a can’t be missed experience, deeply-rooted in motorcycle culture.”
The 2019/2020 Progressive IMS tour dates and cities are as follows:
- Long Beach, CA: November 22-24, 2019, Long Beach Convention Center
- New York, NY: December 6-8, 2019, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
- Dallas, TX: January 3-5, 2020, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- Washington D.C.: January 10-12, 2020, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- Denver, CO: January 17-19, 2020, Colorado Convention Center
- Cleveland, OH: January 24-26, 2020, International Exposition (I-X) Center
- Minneapolis, MN: January 31 – February 2, 2020, Minneapolis Convention Center
- Chicago, IL: February 7-9, 2020, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
“By working with Progressive, Cycle Gear, and J&P Cycles over the years, we’ve been able to continue our legacy as the nation’s leading motorcycle tour, providing a source of growth for the industry and sport,” said Tracy Harris, Senior Vice President, IMS. “With the unwavering support of these key sponsors, and the motorcycling community, we have been able to curate memorable experiences for seasoned riders while simultaneously inviting new riders into the community. We look forward to the upcoming 2019-20 and bringing the love of motorcycling to an even larger market.”