Powersports Business has learned that Windy City Motorcycle Company (WCMC) and Fox Powersports (Fox) announced the formation of Windy City–Fox Motorsports (Windy City-Fox Motorsports) to serve the Greater Chicagoland Harley-Davidson retail market and position the iconic Harley-Davidson brand for continued success in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Chicagoland is home to some of the most loyal and avid Harley-Davidson riders and enthusiasts, boasting hundreds of thousands of riders throughout the region who have celebrated riding, freedom and independence for over 115 years. To ensure loyal customers are properly served well into the future and at the level they deserve, WCMC and Fox have teamed up to form their partnership with the singular goal of the highest level of customer experience and service in mind.
Ozzie Giglio, CEO of Windy City-Fox Motorsports said, “By combining resources, Windy City-Fox Motorsports becomes the nation’s premier dealer and one of the largest motorcycle companies in the country, capable of creating incredible motorcycle experiences. This is great for our customers, and the future growth of a sport we love. It is always our first priority to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service possible. Every dealership that is part of Windy City-Fox Motorsports delivers world class customer experience, a friendly and inviting atmosphere, and an unparalleled level of shared resources for customer convenience.”
“As the two largest Harley-Davidson groups serving the Chicago metropolitan area and Southern Wisconsin markets, Fox is thrilled to partner with Ozzie Giglio and the WCMC team as they bring a breadth of experience and knowledge of the market,” said Fox Powersports Chairman & CEO Dan DeVos. “As a team, we are committed to upholding the highest quality of service and experience to all current and future Harley-Davidson riders in both the city and surrounding areas.”
Windy City-Fox Motorsports will include all of the current Windy City Motorcycle Company and Milwaukee Motorcycle Company dealerships combined with Fox’s Lakeshore Harley-Davidson, Chicago Harley-Davidson (to be relocated to Rosemont, IL), and Chicago Harley-Davidson of Wrigleyville.
In conjunction with the new undertaking, Windy City-Fox Motorsports will:
- Open Chicago Harley-Davidson of Wrigleyville in the heart of the vibrant north side of Chicago – the well-known “Wrigleyville” neighborhood – located on the corner of Addison and Sheffield across from Wrigley Field. The one-of-a kind urban dealership is set to open this Friday, February 15th and will offer Harley-Davidson customers all the services and amenities of a full-service suburban dealership, including new and pre-owned motorcycles, clothing and collectibles, parts and accessories, a full-service department and rider services, in addition to hosting live entertainment and a “jump start” motorcycle simulator.
- Relocate Chicago Harley-Davidson from Glenview, Illinois to Rosemont, Illinois in the heart of the Rosemont entertainment district, between the Hofbrauhaus Chicago restaurant and the Big Ten Conference Headquarters. The Rosemont facility will be modeled after Harley-Davidson Motor Company’s headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and will open in Q2 2019 offering new and pre-owned motorcycles, clothing and collectibles, parts and accessories, a full-service department and rider services including Harley-Davidson Riding Academy, motorcycle tours and motorcycle rentals.
The partnership affords Windy City-Fox Motorsports the opportunity to better serve loyal Harley-Davidson riders and enthusiasts for many years to come. Windy City-Fox Motorsports will represent the iconic Harley-Davidson and other premium brands across the following 19 locations:
- Barbed Wire Harley-Davidson (969 North Peace Road, DeKalb, IL 60115)
- Chicago Harley-Davidson (5460 Park Place, Rosemont, IL 60018)
- Chicago Harley-Davidson of Wrigleyville (1027 W Addison Street, Chicago, IL 60613)
- City Limits Harley-Davidson (2015 North Rand Road, Palatine, Il 60074)
- Downtown Milwaukee Harley-Davidson (1303 Vel Phillips Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53212)
- Fox River Harley-Davidson (131 S Randall Road, Saint Charles, IL 60174)
- Illinois Harley-Davidson (9950 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525)
- Lake Geneva Harley-Davidson (704 West Main Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147)
- Lake Shore Harley-Davidson (14000 Rockland Road, Libertyville, IL 60048)
- McHenry Harley-Davidson (1903 W IL-120, McHenry, IL 60051)
- Milwaukee Harley-Davidson (11310 W. Silver Spring Road, Milwaukee, WI 53225)
- Starved Rock Harley-Davidson (750 Centennial Drive, Ottawa, IL 61350)
- West Bend Harley-Davidson (2910 West Washington Street, West Bend, WI 53095)
- Wild Fire Harley-Davidson (120 W. North Avenue, Villa Park, IL 60181)
- Wild One Harley-Davidson (152 Stratford Drive, Bloomingdale, IL 60108)
- Windy City Harley-Davidson (Chicago O’Hare Airport)
- Windy City Triumph (131 S Randall Road, Saint Charles, IL 60174)
- Woodstock Harley-Davidson (2235 S. Eastwood Drive, Woodstock, IL 60098)
- Woodstock KTM/Triumph/BMW/Piaggio (2235 S. Eastwood Drive, Woodstock, IL 60098)
Ozzie Giglio and his wife, Jill, started with their first dealership, Wild Fire Harley-Davidson of Villa Park, Illinois, in 2001. The company’s core values and vision statement emphasize that motorcycling is a lifestyle and a community. The mission behind the Windy City-Fox Motorsports network of dealerships is to allow customers freedom of choice, rider convenience, and a strong commitment to value. For more information about Windy City Motorcycle Company, visit www.windycitymc.com.
Fox Powersports is part of the Fox Motors automotive and powersports dealership group. Fox represents 41 automotive and powersports brands in 36 locations across Illinois and Michigan, with over 1,825 employees in both states. Fox delivers passion for your lifestyle so that you can enjoy the ride. For more information on Fox, visit www.foxmotors.com.
The Windy City-Fox Motorsports agreement is under final review by Harley-Davidson Motor Company and is expected to be approved by the end of February 2019. Windy City-Fox Motorsports daily operations will be overseen by the Windy City Motorcycle Company team. Windy City-Fox Motorsports has over 400 employees distributed throughout the Chicago metropolitan area and Southern Wisconsin.