Suzuki Motor of America has released technical details for the all-new 2019 RM-Z250 motocrosser. Redesigned for 2019, the updated RM-Z250 now mirrors the cutting-edge styling of the championship-caliber RM-Z450. An upgraded engine and list of chassis changes that achieve superior performance were developed so the RM-Z250 remains the best handling 250 on the track.
The 2019 RM-Z250 features a new cylinder head that contributes to better throttle response and power and a new dual injector EFI, increasing performance through the entire rev-range. Exceptional handling from a new, lighter aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to the RM-Z250 advancement as well as a new KYB-supplied suspension that includes a new coil-spring fork. Race-ready Dunlop MA33 tires and improved braking performance increases stopping power and feel with a larger front brake rotor to help keep the rider in control.
Back in the pits, tuning the new EFI system for maximum performance is easy thanks to Suzuki’s proven fuel-coupler system.
Evolving the fundamental performance elements of ‘RUN’, ‘TURN’ and ‘STOP’ to a new level, Suzuki has infused the Winning Balance into the 2019 RM-Z250. With particular attention focused on advancing its ‘TURN’ capabilities, Suzuki engineers have achieved an even greater level of balance between the race-proven engine and the slim, nimble chassis to again raise the standard for cornering performance.
Key New Advancements for the 2019 RM-Z250
Increased Engine Performance
- New cylinder head delivers increased output and throttle response
- New dual fuel injector system increases high rpm power
- Evolved traction management system helps the bike hook up on a variety of surfaces
- Updated Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) launches you out of the starting gate fast
Greater Cornering Performance
- New frame and swingarm balances lightness with strength
- Revised engine location and new mounts expands the chassis’ nimble handling
- Coil spring KYB fork provides superb performance and easy tuning o New KYB rear shock and linkage deliver remarkable control
- Race-ready, High-grip Dunlop MX33 Tires
Improved Braking Performance
- Larger front brake increases stopping power and feel
- New, compact rear master cylinder is designed to prevent mud from collecting on it and from catching on the rider’s boots
- Aggressive new styling from the championship-caliber RM-Z450
- Narrow cockpit and ergonomics lets rider move with ease for maximum racing performance
- Fuel couplers are included for quick and easy EFI tuning
Availability: February 2019