Hundreds of powersports retailers and 15 contestants nationwide are cashing in with the Revive Your Ride! Sweepstakes, the first industry-wide marketing campaign designed to increase retail traffic to powersports dealers and retailers, according to the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC).
Funded exclusively by the MIC’s aftermarket members, the sweepstakes awarded 15 winners a total of $25,000 to spend on motorcycle or ATV-related products at participating powersports dealers.
Nearly 4,000 customers picked up entry cards by visiting one of 240 participating dealers. Jim Aldridge of Simpson, Kan., won the $10,000 grand prize after stopping in at California Phil’s in nearby Concordia, Kan.
“We’re certainly excited that the grand prize winner was one of our customers, but more important to us was the bump in floor traffic thanks to the Revive Your Ride! Sweepstakes,” Owner Phil Sudduth of California Phil’s said in the MIC press release.
The Revive Your Ride! Sweepstakes winners for the summer of 2010 are:
- $10,000 Grand Prize: Jim Aldridge of Simpson, Kan.
- $2,500 1st Place: Chris LaFollette of Brownsburg, Ind.
- $2,500 1st Place: Kevin VanArsdale of Plainfield, Ind.
- $2,500 1st Place: Timothy McDonald of Cave Spring, Ga.
- $1,500 2nd Place: Doug Sutherland of Laurel, Del.
- $1,500 2nd Place: Dave Mitsky of Camp Hill, Penn.
- $1,500 2nd Place: Lance Bruhl of Salina, Kan.
- $500 3rd Place: Lori Lesikar of Pflugerville, Texas
- $500 3rd Place: Jeanette Bland of Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- $500 3rd Place: Brandon Nicklas of New Castle, Penn.
- $500 3rd Place: Shahonda Booth of Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- $250 4th Place: Carmen Natalie of Ravena, N.Y.
- $250 4th Place: Jessica Rice of Henderson, N.C.
- $250 4th Place: Whitney McGee of Wake Forest, N.C.
- $250 4th Place: Sharie Ramos of Mountlake Terrace, Wash.
Each of the 15 winners will receive a pre-loaded MasterCard with prizes from $250 to the $10,000 grand prize. The sweepstakes, which ran April 15-June 30, was the latest offering in the Revive Your Ride! promotional campaign. Launched in November by the MIC Aftermarket Committee, the program aims to help dealers and retailers create compelling reasons for motorcycle and ATV customers to visit their stores.