The industry’s latest retail new unit sales report shows some hint of rebounding.
The overall new unit sales for motorcycles, scooters and ATVs as reported by the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) is down nearly 40 percent from a year ago. That nine-month total is slightly improved from the MIC’s first-half results, which showed the industry down nearly 42 percent.
All segments are showing the slight rebound. On-highway motorcycle sales, the largest category reported by the MIC, have declined 43.6 percent through September compared to a year-ago after being down 45.6 percent in the first half.
Other segment results include:
- ATV sales have declined nearly 31 percent and through September totaled 244,309;
- Scooter sales remain down more than 60 percent, with 26,288 sold this year through September compared to 69,227 last year;
- Off-highway motorcycle sales have decreased 33.2 percent from the year-ago quarter.
For more on the MIC results, see an upcoming edition of Powersports Business.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.