BY LAUREN LABUNSKY
As the world’s most popular social media platform, Facebook presents a huge opportunity to reach targeted customers who have demonstrated a likely interest in the units you sell. In addition, as a local business, you can target prospects in your area – people who can come in to visit your dealership the same day that they see your ad.
Facebook has a user base of approximately 1.5 billion people – around one fifth of the world’s population.¹ The platform receives 22 billion ad clicks per year.² People also spend a ton of time on social media – research shows that Internet users spend an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes per day on social networking and messaging platforms.³ Clearly sites like Facebook provide an effective avenue to reach people – and because Facebook owns Instagram, ads reach users on that platform, too.
Beyond its impressive outreach, Facebook also offers multiple types of ads that can be catered to your dealership’s marketing goals. These include:
- Traffic: Driving clicks on your ads to your website.
- Engagement: Encouraging “likes” on your dealership’s Facebook page, responses to your events, and more.
- Lead Generation: Allowing users to fill out a lead form right on their newsfeed.
- Conversions: Driving users to submit a lead on your website.
- Catalog Sales: Remarketing your inventory to users who viewed it on your site, then visited Facebook.
- Reach: Maximizing the number of users who see your ad and how frequently they see them.
- Brand Awareness: Reaching people who have already seen your ad, making them more likely to remember it – repetition builds recognition, which creates a higher likelihood of conversion.
In addition to choosing the correct ad type with strategy in mind, it’s also crucial to target the right type of audience. More so than many other advertising platforms, Facebook lets advertisers get very specific about the groups of people who view their ads. This high level of targeting helps drive high-quality traffic. Different audience types include:
- Core Audience: Based on location, demographics, and interests.
- Custom Audience: Could include past website visitors, existing customers, and/or people who have engaged with your dealership Facebook page. Remarketing lists can be custom-built to meet the needs and goals of your Facebook marketing campaign.
- Lookalike Audience: This identifies users similar to your target audience, helping to expand your reach to customers who are relevant.
Last but certainly not least, advertising on Facebook can be a very affordable marketing method. Regardless of how small or large your budget may be, your Facebook advertising spend can be adjusted to meet your goals without exceeding that amount. You can increase or decrease your budget at any time based on how the campaign is going, because the Facebook ad platform offers flexibility as well as insight into your ad performance along every step of your campaign. Because there is such an easy ability to alter and adjust the settings of your campaign as well as your budget, Facebook advertising is a highly cost-effective strategy.
With such a vast amount of ad types and audience targeting methods available, Facebook is one of the most powerful platforms to get ads for your dealership out there. Social media is only becoming more popular, especially among younger demographics – AKA your future customers. Facebook advertising offers an easy-to-use, no-strings-attached method to reach Facebook users with proven interest in units like yours. It’s time to get social!
Lauren Labunsky is the public relations manager at Dealer Spike, a leading web services provider for powersports dealerships. The award-winning digital advertising company is focused on helping dealers increase sales through powerful, distinctive website design and a full suite of online marketing tools to drive results. Dealer Spike’s expertise comes from real-world dealership experience and a team of professionals who also ride. When you work with Dealer Spike, you’re working with digital marketing experts who have a passion for your industry.