Can-Am has announced the launch of the all-new snow-ready Apache Backcountry Track Kit from the Can-Am accessories group. The accessory, designed specifically for Can-Am side-by-sides, will be hitting Can-Am dealerships in September and will have an MSRP of $5,349.99, with a required mounting kit costing $649.99.
The Apache family of track systems is engineered from the factory for perfect fitment, seamless integration and premier functionality. Can-Am engineers designed the Apache Backcountry track kit to optimally match engine output and support chassis performance while also delivering maximum performance without compromising the vehicle or the track’s durability. The ultra-rugged system includes an innovative DPS module that intelligently ensures speedometer accuracy and also optimizes track assist for ease of steering and precision control.
The Apache Backcountry track system distinguishes itself from other offerings because it produces perfect fusion of BRP’s renowned Ski-Doo snowmobile and innovative Apache 360 Track System technologies. Other features include:
- Aggressive track design with industry-leading design: Large 2-in. lug height and 3-in. pitch for maximum traction in deep snow.
- Snowmobile-type sliding tensioner
- Largest contact patch anywhere: 14’’ x 138’’ (36 cm x 351 cm) rear track and 13.5’’ x 96’’ front track (34 cm x 244 cm)
- Added ground clearance of 7”
- Efficient frame and rail design ensures weight is evenly distributed on snow
- Highest available track flotation
- Largest contact patch anywhere: 2,830 in.2
- Lowest pressure per square inch: 0.44 lb./in.2
- Optimized gear ratio: 17-tooth sprocket with large 3” pitch delivers 7 percent more speed than the Apache 360s, resulting in better performance in deep snow. External drive system ensures slip-free riding and maximum power transfer.
- The enclosed anti-rotation arm improves control and performance with an integrated adjustable pre-load spring and multiple rubber dampers.
- Offers a lower rolling resistance than the competition, allowing for a more efficient transfer of horsepower to the ground.
- Curved front rail improves steering ease.
- Optional idler wheels and sliders with Vespelinserts increase slider lifespan in harder snow conditions.
Copyright 2018 Powersports Business