KTM has announced the debut of an electric version of its Freeride 250R motorcycle, the KTM Freeride E-XC, which is available in limited quantities at select authorized KTM dealers in the U.S.
KTM has also launched its Ready to Race pilot program in North America. Each of the 11 select dealerships have been certified through KTM’s high voltage technical training in order to service this new technology.
Tom Etherington, vice president of Sales, KTM North America, Inc., said: “KTM has created this pilot program as a way to better understand the level of consumer interest in electric motorcycles, which will assist us in future planning when considering serial production of electric motorcycles in the coming years. The exciting part for consumers is that through this pilot program, the Freeride E-XC is available for a price that is substantially less than these models would sell for outside of this program.”
The MSRP for the 2017 Freeride E-XC is $8,299, and the motorcycles are arriving now in limited quantities through the following select authorized KTM dealers:
- Moto City KTM in Avondale, Ariz.
- 3 Bros KTM of Orange County in Costa Mesa, Calif.
- CJ KTM of Murrieta in Murrieta, Calif.
- KTM of Roseville in Roseville, Calif.
- Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Calif.
- Elite Motorsports KTM in Loveland, Colo.
- Larsons Cycle in Cambridge, Minn.
- Edelman’s KTM in Troy, N.Y.
- Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown, Penn.
- Adventure Powersports KTM in McKinney, Texas
- KTM of North Texas in Arlington, Texas
Copyright 2017 Powersports Business