Husqvarna Motorcycles has unveiled its 2018 Husqvarna FS 450, which will be available worldwide from July 2017 at all authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers.
Embodying the pure essence of supermoto, the new FS 450 matches clean and functional design with outstanding performance from the single-cylinder SOHC engine. The updated MY18 engine receives an all-new slipper clutch developed by Swiss specialist Suter Industries. Preventing instability and hopping when braking hard into a turn, the clutch ensures maximum control for perfect supermoto-style drifting.
To further modify the updated engine’s characteristics, the FS 450 features a handlebar map switch. Optimized for easy operation, the map switch also activates the launch control feature. By limiting the amount of power to the rear wheel, the system improves traction and prevents loss of control under hard acceleration. Working together to ensure maximum performance are a 44 mm Keihin throttle body, an exhaust system with inbuilt resonance chamber and a precise 5-speed gearbox.
The updated engine is housed inside a hydro-formed, laser-cut and robot-welded steel frame that has been specifically designed by WP Performance Systems with calculated parameters of longitudinal and torsional flex. Unique to Husqvarna models, the composite subframe is made of 30 percent carbon fiber making it remarkably light and particularly strong.
Designed with inlet ducts positioned precisely to prevent air deformation, the airbox ensures maximum airflow and maximum filter protection. The air filter is easily accessed, without tools, by removing the left side panel. Easy maintenance is guaranteed by the Twin Air filter and filter cage design that features a simple fail proof mounting system for accurate installation.
Using top-level supermoto competition as a base for further development, the FS 450 is equipped with a set of black 16.5” and 17” Alpina spoked wheels for front and rear. The high-quality wheels are matched with Bridgestone 125/80 R420 and 165/65 R420 slick tires for maximum grip, traction and agility. Manufactured to exacting standards, the ProTaper handlebars are second to none for function and style. Featuring class-leading fatigue resistance it comes with its ProTaper logos chemically applied and scratch and peel resistant. Exceptional stopping power is guaranteed by Brembo brakes, featuring a 310 mm front disc with a 4-piston radially mounted caliper for the front and a 220 mm disc for the rear wheels.
The FS 450 gains a renewed look for model year 2018 with a new graphics design, together with an extra grip seat cover. Complementing these changes, the FS 450 is further enhanced by a full range of clothing and accessories.
MY18 FS 450 HIGHLIGHTS
- Lightweight Chromoly frame → Offering optimal torsional rigidity
- Innovative carbon rear subframe → Optimal stiffness & design
- Cast aluminum swingarm → Complete control & stability
- Closed cartridge WP fork & CNC machined triple clamps
- High tech EFI system & reliable electric start
- New SUTER anti-slip clutch → Maximum control under hard braking
- Lightweight Li-Ion battery → Easy starting in all conditions
- Alpina Tubeless spoked wheels → Lightweight & high-quality
- Bridgestone slick tires → Optimal handling & performance
- Radial Brembo brake caliper → Maximum stopping power
- Functional bodywork → Fits riders of all sizes
- Standard map switch → Launch control & traction control
- Quality construction → Maximum efficiency & usability
- New colors & seat cover → Incorporating traditional Husqvarna style
Copyright 2017 Powersports Business