Making its debut on the national amateur motocross circuit, the 2017 Cobra Moto CX65 was launched at the 2016 Thor Winter Olympics, presented by Pro Circuit, at Gatorback Cycle Park in Gainesville, Florida, in November.
“Thanksgiving with the Cobra Moto families from all over the USA — doesn’t get much better than that for Cobra’s factory support staff,” said Cobra Moto president Sean Hilbert. “The Mini O’s is an event Cobra Moto looks forward to every year, acts as a highly important gauge for our engineering team and allows us to make a big splash with new product — this year being the debut of our all-new CX65.”
Packed full of American-made parts, the “radically re-designed” CX65, according to Hilbert, features an array of improvements, including:
• All-new top end, exhaust, transmission and brakes;
• Improved clutch, featuring a redesigned hydraulic actuator that’s more reliable and requires less maintenance;
• The most horsepower in its class, “not just in peak, but also the broadest and smoothest power delivery,” according to Hilbert;
• All-new computer-controlled electronic power valve;
• Only bike in its class with a full cartridge fork;
• Answer/Pro Taper bars;
• Dunlop MX51s;
• Topped off with Bel-Ray’s industry-leading brake, shock, fork and air filter oil, transmission fluid and bearing grease;
• Bulletproof wheels made in Cobra’s factory and exclusive to the CX65;
• Appointed billet goodies everywhere.