The 2016 Ride for Kids (RFK) schedule of events, in support of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (PBTF), kicks into high gear with this weekend’s ride in Houston. A total of 32 events will be hosted across the country this year in hopes of raising money to combat a disease that takes too many children too soon and affects families for a lifetime even after the battle is won.
Starting in the mid-‘80s, RFK events changed the general public’s perception of motorcyclists showcasing the generous and supportive nature of this tight-knit community. Since then, RFK and the PBTF have become the motorcycle industry’s most widely supported event and foundation, rallying the greater motorcycling community to help kids facing extreme circumstances as they fight brain tumors.
“As the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation works to eliminate the challenges of childhood brain tumors, the Ride for Kids events and the amazing people that support it help us achieve our goals year after year,” said Mary O. Ratcliffe, vice president of Marketing and Communications for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. “The support the motorcycle industry has shown over the years, from the biggest manufacturers and brands to the mom-and-pop dealerships and general enthusiasts, is incredible and we’re truly grateful. Without Ride for Kids, we wouldn’t be able to make the strides we have over the past three decades.”
Click here for reuse options!
While attending a Ride for Kids event is one way to support the PBTF, participants can fundraise ahead of time to earn incentives and be recognized at the event. Also until mid-May, participants can purchase drawing tickets for the one-of-a-kind Honda Gold Wing F6B, donated by Ride for Kids presenting sponsor American Honda and customized by Brian Klock of Klock Werks Kustom Cycles.
Upcoming 2016 Ride for Kids Events
- April 24 – Houston, Texas
- May 1 – Apex, North Carolina
- May 15 – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- June 5 – Atlanta, Georgia
- June 5 – Mechanicsville, Virginia
- June 12 – Independence, Ohio
- June 26 – South Bend, Indiana
- July 16 – Marysville, Ohio
- July 17 – Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
- July 17 – St. Paul, Minnesota
- July 17 – Deerfield, New York
- July 31 – Ann Arbor, Michigan
- August 7 – Harmony, Pennsylvania
- August 7 – Central Valley, New York
- August 21 – Cottleville, Missouri
- August 21 – Fletcher, North Carolina
- August 28 – Framingham, Massachusetts
- September 18 – Carnation, Washington
- September 18 – New Hope, Pennsylvania
- September 18 – Leeds, Alabama
- September 25 – Ellicott City, Maryland
- September 25 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 25 – Las Vegas, Nevada
- October 2 – Fairfield, California
- October 9 – Knoxville, Tennessee
- October 9 – Fort Worth, Texas
- October 16 – Adkins, Texas
- October 23 – Ridgeland, Mississippi
- October 29 – Torrance, California
To keep up to date on the latest news and more information about a Ride for Kids event near you, visit www.rideforkids.org. For more information about the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, visit www.curethekids.org.
Copyright 2016 Powersports Business