At X Games Aspen, Harley-Davidson unveiled the Low Rider S and the Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Pro Street Breakout motorcycles – two additions to its 2016 model-year lineup, which is the most powerful collection of cruisers in the brand’s 113-year history.
Raw, dark and trimmed to the essentials, the new Low Rider S motorcycle is the most powerful non-CVO Dyna cruiser ever offered by Harley-Davidson. The Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine, Screamin’ Eagle Heavy Breather performance intake and Fat Bob-style 2-into-2 exhaust deliver 115 foot pounds of peak torque at 3500 rpm. Premium suspension and brakes complete the performance package. The new limited-edition bike joins the Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S models as the third in the new line of S series cruisers for the 2016 Harley-Davidson lineup.
The new CVO Pro Street Breakout motorcycle rewrites the factory-custom book with obsessive attention to styling detail. This limited-edition motorcycle has a new, darker look and utilizes cutting-edge finishes and textures. Menacing, muscular and steeped in drag racing attitude, the CVO Pro Street Breakout motorcycle matches the high-intensity performance of the Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110 engine with a look that is pure American street machine.
“X Games Aspen is the ideal global stage to unveil our newest motorcycles that take cruiser performance, attitude and design to a whole new level,” said Shelley Paxton, Vice President of Marketing and Brand, Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
2016 Model Lineup Highlights
- The new Iron 883 and Forty-Eight models join the Harley-Davidson Street motorcycle to assert Harley-Davidson’s leadership with its Dark Custom motorcycle line-up inspired by the rebellious spirit of the past updated with modern design and performance.
- High Output Twin Cam 103 engines upgrade the power for all Softail and Dyna models (except Street Bob) in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- The convenience of electronic cruise control is available on all Harley-Davidson Softail models. Enabled by new electronic throttle control, cruise control is standard equipment on 2016 Heritage Softail Classic, Softail Deluxe, Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S models and available as an accessory for all other 2016 Softail models.
- All 2016 Sportster models tame rough roads with all-new front and rear suspension and improved seats working together to enhance rider comfort and control.
- Harley-Davidson’s touring segment leadership grows with the addition of the Road Glide Ultra motorcycle to the Project RUSHMORE lineup and the refresh of the iconic Heritage Softail Classic model.
Copyright 2016 Powersports Business