BRP officials unveiled the Sea-Doo Spark at Sunday night’s dealer meeting in Orlando. With an MSRP of $4,999, the Spark costs nearly 40 percent less than its closest competitor. It's also the most fuel-efficient watercraft in the industry.
View a Powersports Business video of the unveiling by clicking here.
Here's the news release from Sea-Doo:
BRP launches the all-new Sea-Doo Spark watercraft, creating a new category destined to re-“spark” the industry. The 2014 Sea-Doo Spark model ($4,999 MSRP) is an entry-level watercraft that is fun, accessible, lightweight, easy-to-ride and affordable. The Sea-Doo Spark watercraft will make the dream of fun on the water possible now for young families. It joins the industry’s best lineup, including new eye-catching colors and the new Sea-Doo GTX Limited 215 watercraft, to deliver fun, affordability, peace of mind and the most technologically advanced watercraft on the market.
The Sea-Doo Spark will make owning a watercraft easier than ever before. BRP continues the legacy of paradigm shifting the watercraft industry with the most accessible watercraft on the market: the 2014 Sea-Doo Spark watercraft. The Sea-Doo Spark model costs close to 40% less than the closest model and is the most fuel-efficient watercraft in the industry. The Sea-Doo Spark watercraft is compact, designed with an all-new Exoskel architecture consisting of a lightweight durable Polytec material, making it easy to maneuver and extremely playful. Its lightweight also makes it easy to tow. Two Sea-Doo Spark watercraft and a Sea-Doo Spark Move II trailer weigh less than 1,500 lbs. (680 kg), making it easy to tow behind many popular compact sedans.
The Sea-Doo Spark watercraft is a blast to ride thanks to its power-to-weight ratio and close to 50% better than the closest competitive model. It is also fully customizable with multiple configuration choices: 2up or 3up configurations, choice of engine packages, with or without Intelligent Brake & Reverse (iBR), with or without the Convenience Package, in five color options, a host of new accessories and 20 vibrant Attitude Graphics kits that can be added, all designed to enhance your family time on the water.
The Sea-Doo Spark watercraft includes the new Rotax 900 ACE family of engines, a breakthrough technology that makes it the most compact and lightweight engine on the market today. The Sea-Doo Spark watercraft is easy to buy, easy to tow and easy to own, and carries with it the industry-leading DNA that makes it a Sea-Doo watercraft.
BRP’s 2014 Sea-Doo watercraft lineup includes a model for every type of ride. As the No.1 selling watercraft in North America, Sea-Doo continues to lead the industry in fun and peace of mind on the water as well as quality and value. The 2014 Sea-Doo lineup features a watercraft for every rider style and experience level. BRP remains the only manufacturer to offer the industry's unique Intelligent Brake & Reverse (iBR) system in every watercraft category. This technology allows greater control for riders by positioning the brake and reverse lever directly on the watercraft handlebar. This provides easy access and the ability for riders to keep their hands on the handlebars throughout the ride. The iBR system also makes the Sea-Doo brand the only watercraft that starts automatically in neutral. Sea-Doo’s exclusive iBR technology offers riders more peace of mind with a braking system that allows riders to stop up to 100 feet sooner than other watercraft.
BRP’s Sea-Doo GTX Limited 215 model joins the luxury segment
The most selective consumers gravitate towards the GTX segment of Sea-Doo watercraft, as this remains the standard by which all other luxury watercraft are measured. The newest addition to this segment is the new 2014 Sea-Doo GTX Limited 215 watercraft. This model is the most powerful, non-suspended Sea-Doo model in the luxury segment. This mid-level luxury watercraft is ideal for riders who crave a premium touring experience and are seeking a watercraft offering much more than standard features. The GTX Limited 215 model features iBR, Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) with the ECO mode and includes the exclusive Limited package adding a custom cover, Speed Ties, depth finder, glove box organizer and removable dry storage bag to the loaded model package. The 2014 Sea-Doo GTX Limited 215 watercraft is available in Anthracite Grey.
BRP color bursts ignite the 2014 Sea-Doo lineup
The BRP lineup of 2014 Sea-Doo watercraft includes vibrant new colors across many of the segments. The burst of fresh color with many trend-setting options will excite the most discriminating rider looking for the best in luxury watercraft.
• Sea-Doo Spark watercraft are completely customizable, available in five vibrant colors including Vanilla, Orange Crush, Bubble Gum, Pineapple or Licorice. Consumers can also further customize the Sea-Doo Spark watercraft by choosing one of 20 Attitude Graphic kits, with 3 different levels of wrap to personalize their Sea-Doo Spark model even more.
• In the Tow Sport segment, the 2014 WAKE 155 & WAKE PRO 215 models debut in Dayglow Wake coloration. This is the first time the WAKE segment has been available in a colour besides Wake Red.
• In the 2014 performance segment, enthusiasts will notice a new colour on the starting and finish lines as the X-series watercraft (RXT-X 260, RXT-X aS 260 and RXP-X 260 models) will be available in a Viper Red coloration.
• BRP’s luxury segment has expanded the Anthracite Grey color to the new GTX Limited 215 model and will offer a handsome Alloy Orange for the 2014 GTX 155 and GTX S 155 watercraft.
• With various improvements in different systems, Sea-Doo watercraft can now run longer without interruption. Last year, BRP revised the service interval for the supercharger, extending it to 200 hours of use regardless of the number of years. For 2014, the new maintenance schedule requires the first oil change to be done after one year or 50 hours, subsequent changes are needed only every 100 hours or after a year of usage for all models. Another Sea-Doo maintenance improvement for this year is the fact that the engine coolant can now be used for 5 years or 300 hours before needing replacement.
BRP’s Sea-Doo 2014 watercraft lineup offers an extensive range of models that continue to set industry benchmarks in each segment, and meet and exceed every type of riders’ desire in performance, commodity, rider comfort and safety. The new 2014 Sea-Doo Spark model turns the dream of family fun on the water a reality right now.