Motto Guzzi has announced that after 40 years in production, the California 90 will be discontinued after the last limited edition is released in 2012. Dealers began taking orders for the newest model Thursday and delivery is set for March.
The last California 90 features a standard big block 90-degree, 1,064cc V-twin engine. It has a bore of 92 mm and a stroke of 80 mm. The engine puts out 69 feet pounds of torque at 5,000 rpm and has the capacity to stretch out to 6,400 rpm at a maximum horsepower of 74.
Other features include, but are not limited to:
- A retro California Metallic Orange/Diamond White color scheme
- A tank logo which reproduces writing used by Moto Guzzi and its original designers in the 1930s
- An identification plate on the steering yoke that certifies the limited edition product as the final edition of the California
- A cowhide saddle
- An “Anniversario” graphic on the spoked wheels, steel mudguards and fog lights
- Two saddlebags with velvet lined interior
The final California 90 model will retail for $15,990.
- For more of the latest news, click here.