PG&A sales are boosting many dealers’ sales, but improvements can be made to increase the department’s profitability at most dealerships. Advice on that department and others will be given Wednesday to participants in the latest webinar from Powersports Business, CycleTrader.com and PowerSports Network that aims to help dealers with some of their goals for 2011.
Three dealers who attended Powersports Business’ 2010 Profit Xcelerator, a two-day educational conference & expo that was held in October in Las Vegas, shared their 2011 objectives with the magazine, and Powersports Business has asked experts to provide short- and long-term goals for the dealers — and the rest of the webinar audience — to take back to their staffs in an effort to help those goals become reality.
The issues that will be discussed include:
- Turning PG&A staff from clerks to salespeople to generate more profit from the department.
- Turning social networking practices into more floor traffic.
- Creating an effective Internet store plan that would address such key areas as establishing policies for e-commerce sales and establishing a benchmark to determine how quickly the dealership should respond to online leads.
The hour-long event, titled “Your first steps to 2011 success,” will be held Wednesday, Jan. 26, at 1 p.m. Central Time. There is no cost to participate.
Dealers who be addressing their 2011 goals include Steve St. John of Dreyer Honda South, Whiteland, Ind.; Gaby Gregoire of Gregoire Sport in Quebec, Canada; and Jeff Carlson of Lost River Powersports of Bowling Green, Ky.
Providing specific goals for these dealers will be the following industry members: Sam Dantzler, a longtime industry dealership trainer and 20 group consultant and owner of Junior Inc.; Laura Reinders, marketing coordinator for PowerSports Network, a leading website and e-commerce provider; and Nedie Recel, marketing manager for Dominion Powersports Solutions.
To register, click here.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.
Copyright 2011 Powersports Business