Consumers are spending an increasing amount of their time on mobile devices, and aggressive companies are finding ways to reach them there. To bring dealers up to date on what's happening with mobile technology and how they can use it in their businesses, Powersports Business has scheduled a free Webinar on the topic.
The Webinar, which is being presented as part of a partnership between Powersports Business, CycleTrader.com and PowerSports Network, will introduce attendees to the business possibilities associated with today's handheld devices. The Webinar will be held Wednesday, Sept. 29, at 1 p.m. Central Time.
Speakers for next week's Webinar include:
• Chris Brull, director of marketing at Kawasaki Motors Corp. U.S.A., will discuss his company's marketing efforts in the mobile space. Kawasaki was an early adopter of mobile marketing, hosting a promotion in April 2009 that successfully used text messaging to generate floor traffic for dealers.
• Kate Ribar of Renegade Harley-Davidson in Alexandria, La., will share her experience starting a mobile text club and share the benefits she's seen from being able to communicate directly with highly engaged consumers.
• Erica Byrd, a lead mobile architect and software engineer for Dominion Powersports Solutions' CycleTrader.com and PowerSports Network brands, will dive into recent trends from CycleTrader.com's mobile Web site and iPhone app and will share the benefits of PowerSports Networks' mobile-enabled dealer Web sites.
• PSB's Online Editor Mike Davin will share the results of an exclusive national dealer survey on how powersports dealers are using mobile technology today. This data will only be shared with Webinar attendees and will not appear in the magazine.
"The use of smartphones and other mobile technology is exploding. In fact, smartphone shipments are expected to exceed PC shipments within two years," says Davin. "Not having a mobile strategy is quickly becoming as unwise as not having an Internet strategy."
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.
Copyright 2010 Powersports Business