Yamaha Motor Corp. U.S.A. held regional dealer meetings yesterday, showing off three new motorcycle models.
Those unveilings included:
• The adventure touring XT1200 Super Tenere: This bike, with its 1200cc parallel twin engine, will feature Yamaha’s YCC-T fly by wire technology and an all-new traction control system, which regulates ignition timing and fuel injection volume based on rear wheel spin. Deliveries of the bike ($13,900 MSRP) begin in May.
• The new FZ 8: This naked sport bike features a 779cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, inline four-cylinder and four-valve engine. This 2011 model will be available in dealerships in December with a starting MSRP of $8,490.
• A new Star addition: The Stryker, designed with chopper-inspired looks, has a 1300cc V-twin engine. The new model will have a low seat height of 26.4 inches and a chopper-inspired 21-inch front wheel. The 2011 Stryker will be in dealerships beginning in September with a MSRP of $10,990.
- For more of the latest news, click here.
- To see the contents of the current print issue of PSB, click here.
Copyright 2010 Powersports Business